Any life hacks to share please?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I suggest closed cell for durability compared to open cell. As for maintainable aspect I imagine it could be a problem. This weekend I have plans to renew the fascia and soffit on my home. If it were glued with foam I would have a problem. Foams are plastics for the most part, and one plastic is polyureathane, which is also used in a structural adhesive. The instruction often say there is no solvent and if it dries on your skin it has to wear or rub off if possible, so it is a very sticky material while also being a tough material.

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think they would clue to soffit or fascia though, but tiles or rafters, most probably.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
There are movements toward encapsulation. I do not think it makes sense here in the humid south. I see new houses that are so tight vents have to be cut in for the dryer to operate properly. They have all been regular fiberglass batt, but all the wire, plumbing and other holes have been stuffed to prevent air movement.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You're right. More in the cold north, such as Scotland or Canada.. Humid south is not an ideal place for it.

Ask a Question