Antidote to cold, rain, snow

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Wonderful story! Make me smile first thing in the morning!(y)

Me too! :love: Until the bit about the leg being dragged along barbed wire, that bit made me shudder! :nailbiting:

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
(y) Heart-WARMING anecdote!

Antidote is a different thing? Just like my "What are you thinking, tea or coffee? " @marlingardener I should have typed drinking! :LOL: Hilarious .. But we all knew what you meant!:ROFLMAO:;)

antidote
  • 1 A medicine taken or given to counteract a particular poison.
  • 1.1 Something that counteracts an unpleasant feeling or situation.
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/antidote

alp, I'm pretty sure marlingardener picked the word she wanted!! :)

Laughter is the best medicine! (y)

(Ok, ok... technically, :geek: she's using the secondary definition...:LOL:.)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
It's like when I used slut instead of slug! Hahaha! You know what marlingardener and I meant now!:LOL::LOL::eek::eek::ROFLMAO:! A person living in France corrected me and I said "Ca revient au meme!"

The mental aberration was well justified. Once I spelt 3 as threee!:eek:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Me too! :love: Until the bit about the leg being dragged along barbed wire, that bit made me shudder! :nailbiting:

@johnny canoe 's way of bonding with this animal with attitude. After that, the bond was even more unbreakable as johnny had to suffer so much to gain it's trust!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Poor old Dooley, I loved her dearly. But yes, she tested me for the first few weeks. Funny thing was she never acted up for Dad nor a 80 year old lady who asked to ride her. I think Dooley knew I was just a young fool and needed to be tested.
Oh, I did warn the elderly lady about her but she handled horses all her life.
So after a bit of time I could ride her anywhere and when it was time to come home I would just turn her around loosen the reigns and let her take me home. Often in the hot summer evenings I would bother with a saddle or bridle, just a rope on the halter. She would take me out to check the herd and home again.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Poor old Dooley, I loved her dearly. But yes, she tested me for the first few weeks. Funny thing was she never acted up for Dad nor a 80 year old lady who asked to ride her. I think Dooley knew I was just a young fool and needed to be tested.
Oh, I did warn the elderly lady about her but she handled horses all her life.
So after a bit of time I could ride her anywhere and when it was time to come home I would just turn her around loosen the reigns and let her take me home. Often in the hot summer evenings I would bother with a saddle or bridle, just a rope on the halter. She would take me out to check the herd and home again.

Do you miss that kind of life now, Johnny? Or people still live like that in some parts of Canada? I was very surprised to see part of Canada all rigged up with machinery and covered with big plants for mining of some sort.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Of course, they are NOT the same. They are both bad things. :LOL:

Ask a Question