Another day, and still my main seed order has not arrived!

Reaction score
Charlie Brown used to wait by the mailbox waiting for valentines, and I can sympathize! Every day I wait for the mail worried that if I delay then the seeds will get too cold or two wet or that something might happen to them if they are not instantly whisked inside!

I know, it is silly. The seeds will arrive when they arrive.

I don't usually order seeds. Instead I save seeds from my vegetables, and when I do buy seeds then one packet can last me for a few years. If the germination is poor because my seeds are getting old then I just stop by a nursery and pick up a new packet: every year I have a big vegetable garden but it usually costs me pennies!

I had entirely forgotten the breathless excitement of waiting for a big seed order!

My husband and my son, neither one of who is much of a gardener, want to sell sweet corn at the Farmer's Market. I am heavily involved because I know how to raise the sweet corn and they do not. So, I have ordered two pounds of the earliest corn seeds, and a smaller amount of vegetable seeds of anything else that I think might sell. And, I am all on edge waiting for the delivery!

If we have the first sweet corn then people will come to our booth, and as long as they are there perhaps they would like to buy a squash or a bunch of onions? I am not a great sales person but i have been buying groceries for decades, and it is so EASY for a shopper to choose one vegetable and then say "I would like that too"! So, I intend to have a pile of vegetables next to the pile of sweet corn.

The tiller has been serviced and there is fertilizer in the garage. The only thing left to do is to receive the seeds in the mail, and then wait for warmer weather!
upload_2014-1-7_16-17-59.jpeg

Reaction score
I ordered trees from a seed magazine and waited and waited. I called and they said they were still processing my order. By the time my little trees arrived at my house they were out of dormancy and all died from being in the mail. I have learned that seeds and plants are a hard thing to order by mail.

Reaction score
The seeds arrived! The seeds arrived!

It is a shame that the ground is frozen and it will be 3 months before I should plant anything, but the seeds have arrived!

images

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm happy for you, Kansas Terri:) I love receiving packages too, especially when I order something gardening related or clothes:D. I'm a very impatient person, my mailman already knows about it, haha:LOL:

Reaction score
I'm happy for you, Kansas Terri:) I love receiving packages too, especially when I order something gardening related or clothes:D. I'm a very impatient person, my mailman already knows about it, haha:LOL:
Oh, I am too proud to bug the mailman!

I watched from the window when I heard the mail truck, and when she got out of the truck with a package I stood behind the door until I heard the "thump" as the package was dropped. Bug the mailman? Not me!

I was pretty impatient, though! :geek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Haha:D I don't have any pride, I'm a shopping addict and I love making purchases:love:. I always welcome my mailman with a wide smile on my face. He has a hard life, every day, he has to carry so many heavy packages. Most of them are mine!:devil::LOL: I'm pretty sure he doesn't like me:p

Reaction score
It isn't the shopping I love it is the doing, and until my order arrives I cannot even lay things out and get them properly organized!

No idea seems entirely real until the materials are in my hands! My mind knew that because I ordered so early that my order would be complete and without substitutions, but I have been too often disappointed in the past to not be nervous until the order arrived. So, I anxiously watch for the mailman when I have ordered something, and I worry that there will be a problem. And, sometimes there is.

Not this time though, the order was perfect!:D

Ask a Question