Animals in your garden

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
That's interesting. I'm pretty sure we have had the same pair return here about the same time for several years. They brought one young one sometimes.

They time their visit to coincide with the Tilapia die off in my ponds every fall. I don't know how they do it but they are like clock work arriving just in time to catch the cold Tilapia.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
That's astonishing @DirtMechanic! I had no idea that eagles ranged over such a huge area.
Me either. Or maybe its one of those things that gets pushed out of a kids ears as more info gets stuffed into the memory banks. I "know" about bird migrations and even Monarch Butterfly migration but to see it with older eyes makes a difference I guess.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Pond is full of frogs :)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
DirtMechanic, that migration path is really cool! (y) I find it interesting that they follow mainly the same path, with only a couple detours from time to time. Wonder if they detoured certain years due to weather, or what? :unsure:

zigs, goodness, that's a lot of frogs!!!! :wideyed: :jawdrop:

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Is that heap across the right diagonal corner all eggs? :eek:

Aren't those eggs in post #573? And the first pic in #576? The gelatinous bubbles with the little black spots? o_O

Ask a Question