Animals in your garden

Gail_68

Beauty blooms in the garden as well as the heart.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @Sean Regan sorry to hear your wife as MS but pleased in another way she's still able to get about but she as the beauty of the garden.

Nice to see you can move your roses where you want, I had several in pots but the leaves kept dropping off then they would refill out again in the end I binned them but two survived nicely which are now in the garden.

Shame about your clematis, I had two as you know spread across our fencing like yours and the winter here took them, you could have shaped those lavenders in to ball shapes they would have looked nice...I think my two Astilbes have had it, come next year i'll be buying again.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Fed the birds and put some peanuts out for the squirrel.
IMG_20181127_132201.jpg

IMG_20181119_131404.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
This is a frequent visitor to neighbours' gardens. Those with goldfish ponds.
I took this on zoom late one evening from a back bedroom window. It's on the roof of small pergola at the bottom of a neighbour's garden two houses to the right of ours. The house behind is at least 100 feet away from the heron.

P1000400-zpskekuhdmp.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Those birds are beautiful! ...but also my main nightmare! I have my ponds cover with hard mesh so they really cannot eat my fish, but they sure like to keep trying and last year I nearly lost one who got stabbed in the head

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
A neaghbour of ours has put an electric fence around his pond. He says that it doesn't hurt the birds, because he's watched them and they soon learn not to try.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The odd hedgehog visits here plus a fox or two. Birds too, esp sparrows, tits, finches, robins (they nest here every year) and blackbirds
Nico....a beautiful white golden retriever, now almost 12 months old, likes to trespass on areas of the garden he shouldnt. He thinks its a joke to run everywhere but he will learn. Cant get angry with him though.....he is mischievous and endearing and he knows it :)

Ask a Question