5 plants one pot.

Reaction score
Country
United States
20210810_142545.jpg

Hello, I received this pot of plants about a week ago from a loved ones funeral. How long can these plants stay in one pot? It looks like there are about 5 plants. I know two are peace lilies. Im not to sure on the rest. Looking for advice. Thanks.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @Shonda, welcome to the forums :)
So sorry for your loss, and what a lovely tribute you have there to care for. I think the plants would be ok as they are for a little while and would be lovely to view as they are. Maybe in a few weeks, you will think of giving each of them a pot of their own, and this will give you time to decide which pot for each plant.
Although I'm not too clever with indoor plants, I think the striped one is a Croton - Codiaeum variegata, and the spotty job may be a Hypoestes phyllostachya. The trailing one looks as if it's in a different pot and looks like a Tradescantia zebrina. Not sure about the spiky job at the back though.
The Peace lillies are nice and bullet proof, and easy to propagate and care for. Enjoy them.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The spiky plant in the back is Dracaena marginata 'Bicolor'. It too is generally an easy-care houseplant.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello @Shonda, welcome to the forums :)
So sorry for your loss, and what a lovely tribute you have there to care for. I think the plants would be ok as they are for a little while and would be lovely to view as they are. Maybe in a few weeks, you will think of giving each of them a pot of their own, and this will give you time to decide which pot for each plant.
Although I'm not too clever with indoor plants, I think the striped one is a Croton - Codiaeum variegata, and the spotty job may be a Hypoestes phyllostachya. The trailing one looks as if it's in a different pot and looks like a Tradescantia zebrina. Not sure about the spiky job at the back though.
The Peace lillies are nice and bullet proof, and easy to propagate and care for. Enjoy them.
Thank you. The spotted one is so pretty. I hope it does OK.

Ask a Question