5 Gardening Dairy: Happy gardening and happy snapping ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Now I get to see Perki's wicked side!;):LOL: :cry::cry::cry::cry:! Chelsea's not going to win this year any way.

What a rotten score! Just as I predicted though! Amazing how much they beat Arsenal though. How much are the lights please? So tempted. I have a lot of LED inspector lights. I might try that. I will bring down my giant propagator and try to encourage all my cuttings to grow. Some fig cuttings even got figs growing .. Should have removed them.

Got a link for that light, Perki, please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought the light off ebay cost me £13.50 ( made an offer ) just type in the grow lights and they are on the first page. It bigger than you think and it clips onto the windowsill .

p.jpg

No Chelsea not going to win but I rather have City than liverpool , they are the two best teams this year. I don't mind liverpool but the fans drive me up the wall though blah blah blah they never stop yapping, Man utd fans are starting to chirp up now ( they been very quite recently :ROFLMAO: ) they beat 4 they should be beating anyway.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I bought the light off ebay cost me £13.50 ( made an offer ) just type in the grow lights and they are on the first page. It bigger than you think and it clips onto the windowsill .

p.jpg

No Chelsea not going to win but I rather have City than liverpool , they are the two best teams this year. I don't mind liverpool but the fans drive me up the wall though blah blah blah they never stop yapping, Man utd fans are starting to chirp up now ( they been very quite recently :ROFLMAO: ) they beat 4 they should be beating anyway.

Good morning to all! Thank you for the tips on the grow lights. I will try my LED first as I have the charger as well and they don't give out heat. Do yours give out heat, @Perki ?

Yes. FANS are especially stupid. I like both Arsenal and Liverpool and went to one such FA match and of course, Arsenal won.When Arsenal scored a goal, one fan made his impression by standing up and dissing TOTTENHAM!:eek: and the rest of the crowd chanted against Spurs! Crazy and stupid! Man U was full of bullies crowding the referees all the times .. I have nothing against Man City or Chelsea but it's like BIG MONEY winning. The romance of winning is a bit "bought"! Having said that, Liverpool has bought quite a few players this year, but the amounts were nowhere as staggering as ManC, ManU or Chelsea! Bet you're miffed as Chelsea fans couldn't really fill the stadium as tickets have been expensive.

Talking about Agastacte, I bought two at £2 each at posh gc and they are still going strong whilst the two other I bought have given up their ghosts - one goldstrum and the other I forgot the name. I must take some more cuttings. My box cuttings are doing very well. Have split quite a few stipa giganteas and new roots are showing. Hope to sell them to make some money to buy something new. I will sow my pitchers' seeds. Some of them looked very architectural iin posh gc!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
upload_2019-1-4_7-37-57.png

Ah, sunshine to smile on me! What's to complain! Besides, I will be tooooooo buys shedding tears whilst shedding the woodchips wallpaper, again! :eek::cry::cry::cry:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all dull and dark but they say dry and 9c could be a lot worse.

We are bright here and yes, such a relief not to have rain again. We have had no frost on the lawns, just a lot of condensation on windows.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning cold and cloudy, not much to do today might go and prune the grape vine and the wisteria if I can be bothered.

@alp According to last season Chelsea had the second highest stadium fill capacity at 99.2% ( west ham 1st ) and Arsenal are the most expensive team to watch ( Chelsea 2nd )

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I wonder if I need to trim my young wisterias. They are only young and small. Wonder if it is worthwhile.

Getting a bit colder in the afternoon. Been removing woodchip wallpaper. Not so difficult and actually enjoying it, but the hallway is too tall for me. Watching Medical Detectives. Very good programmes.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Pochettino was rather sweet to play Harry Kane for 15 minutes so that Tranmere fans could see him. I don't remember seeing any big guns playing in the Arsenal and Liverpool FA match! Nice man who speaks very fast! LOL!

Cold enough, but not chilly!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Got up 7.05 am. And just finished my housework. More drudgery! Will go to the other gc to see what is going to be reduced to £1.99. Quite looking forward to it as it was closed last time we went. No condensation on the bathroom window pane, so it can't be that cold.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
upload_2019-1-5_7-50-18.png

All is not lost! Nice to see no rain. Sunshine is enough to bring a smile to my face.

Did start to watch a bit of Luther, but it was dark, dark, dark .. and I can see anything in the dark and of course there is the gratuitous thumping.. Not my type.

Will go and trim the bigger wisteria.

SAM_0081.JPG

SAM_0073.JPG
SAM_0074.JPG

If I could find the pollen, will hand pollinate this one with a white anemone!

Anemone

SAM_0076.JPG

SAM_0077.JPG

A dark maroon single

SAM_0079.JPG
SAM_0082.JPG

Not very keen on this double spotted white one.
SAM_0080.JPG

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Do they know it's winter? Photos show how flowers are blooming months early after mild autumn and chill-free December
  • Colourful photographs sent in by readers show blooming flowers in December
  • Blooms out several weeks early include primrose, daffodils and snowdrops
  • Others, such as scabious and poppies, have been in flower since the summer

upload_2019-1-5_8-46-19.png

I actually saw a bumble bee around my chrysanthemum!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Whole day stripping more woodchip wallpaper! What a nightmare! Funny that I am feeling a bit more confident. In 6 days times, I can accept viewings again. Keep my fingers cross.

Bought another Martagon lily for £1.25 reduced to 75%. Not the prettiest. Called Pink Morning.

upload_2019-1-5_20-10-27.jpeg

Some other photos show pink?

upload_2019-1-5_20-10-59.jpeg

Hope they look like these - just love pink! But the package cover looks more dodgy orange!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question