5 Gardening Dairy: Happy gardening and happy snapping ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Don't know about how cold it is. Woke up at 7.05 and hoovered the whole dirty floor and boiled 3 rounds of water. Nightmare! Need to set the alarm or I will have another sauna like what I am experiencing right now! :rolleyes:

Missed the £7 and sat down to a HOT cup of tea, which is making me perspire all the more.

Tomorrow night is the killer!

upload_2019-1-2_7-49-14.png

And a whole week of frost, probably!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Britain's deep freeze: Temperatures plunge as low as -6C overnight as Arctic blast brings icy fog, frost and a WEEK-long cold snap ahead of Beast from the East
  • Forecasters say cold snap could last for a week, with snow possible as far south as the Peak District
  • Change in conditions after unseasonably mild weather follows shift in area high pressure over France
  • Overnight low of -6C (21F) was recorded at both Glasgow and Braemar in Aberdeenshire at 6am today
  • Forecasters have also warned Britain could face another Beast from the East event within a fortnight
BEAST FROM THE EAST AGAIN

Wonder if @johnny canoe 's garden is being covered with snow now! If anyone sees the action movie, I'd appreciate a link!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
No frost here, but condensation aplenty! Gloriously sunny!:cool::cool::cool:

Very bright!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning - not so cold in the house as predicted. Been painting one side of the living room and ruined another pair of joggers. Very annoyed with myself.

Finally, got a quote with the electrics and he is accredited with Which? Quite happy!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, if you've won this

EuroMillions: Ticket holder makes claim for incredible £114M jackpot

We would like to know. No begging bowl, I can assure you. Hope it is a source of good! £114M:eek:

What a sick way to distribute happiness! And the Scottish lady got arrested … and her ex got dumped by a young girl who preferred his studs!

I would give some money to charities .. and have a huge farm to indulge my organic farming and slug free gardens.. Oh, hang on, I didn't even buy a ticket:eek:! Stop dreaming! :LOL:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Alp i always keep old clothes to decorate in. Got hubby to throw out his old audio equipment out the spare built in wardrobe. He kept it just incase that he would use it again, but technology has come a long way since then. Got more space for the Christmas decorations now.:D

Not so cold this morning, but the temperature is lower.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Alp i always keep old clothes to decorate in. Got hubby to throw out his old audio equipment out the spare built in wardrobe. He kept it just incase that he would use it again, but technology has come a long way since then. Got more space for the Christmas decorations now.:D

Not so cold this morning, but the temperature is lower.

Might be a good idea to give it away to freecycle. I am sure somebody else would make good use of it. We have had no Christmas decoration this year. All in flux. Watching The Papers now. Will be busy later. Very grey here!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
upload_2019-1-3_8-37-18.png

So, tonight is going to be cold for us!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Umm... Detective at work, @Upsy Daisy !

Happy New Year to you too!

Just painted the walls and am horrified to see how horrible my painting skill is. Going to google how to paint walls now. What a relief! At least, I've got a plasterer to do something for me very cheaply. I hope I am not giving him idea. It's so cheap that even I am embarrassed.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Big Match is on Manchester City vs Liverpool

Come on, Liverpool!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all , just waiting for footy to kick off I hope they both lose :LOL: cold day again supposed to be nice and sunny today so thought I start seed sowing, even on a cold day the Gh can get quite warm compared to outside on a sunny day, anyway seeds sown :) Pelargoniums orange / purple - Begonias / trailing - Cobaea purple white - Agastache apricot / golden jubilee and tried a few others I wasn't to sure would do anything Cephalaria G - Eryguim M W ghost - A. raven wing .

Set my lights up I got a few week ago, just a test run today I put them on tomorrow for a few hours after the sun goes down. Dont know how good they will be
DSC00001.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question