5 Gardening Dairy: Happy gardening and happy snapping ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all!

Crikey! Logan, you had a lucky escape. The winds and the rains and the ivy must have weakened the tree. Glad that you didn't go out earlier.

Very dark here. Hope Zenj is going to have a safe journey. Very worrying when there are winds and rains. Be safe! Might be a good idea to hire a van, but make sure you photo everything in the van as a lot of unscrupulous car hires will hit you with fine even though you have caused the car no damage.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes thanks Alp, yes that's how it went.
Not diido much today, still raining on and off but mild. They say that we're going to have wetter winters and hotter summers, I wonder.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes thanks Alp, yes that's how it went.
Not diido much today, still raining on and off but mild. They say that we're going to have wetter winters and hotter summers, I wonder.
Don't care what they say any more. Just stick to the local weather reports and plan my day accordingly.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Been out for a walk

home grown celery
SAM_1306.JPG

SAM_1297.JPG

One sweet pepper and a very green one next to it in the lean to.

SAM_1298.JPG

Hanging basket with a few lone petunia and a few mealworms from the feeder above. Very windy but very warm.
SAM_1299.JPG

Gazannia - She might make an appearance tomorrow as it will be sunny.
SAM_1300.JPG

Some lovely toms to pick today in the greenhouse. Spaghetti today for lunch today.

SAM_1301.JPG

Days of turning round the clay. Think no-dig will take toooooo long. On the right hand side are the dug up hellebores. I hope they don't die before I move.

SAM_1302.JPG

Neighbour's beautiful ilex

SAM_1303.JPG
SAM_1304.JPG

Lovely Madame Julie Courrevon! Well deserved AGM! I nearly put down AYM!
SAM_1305.JPG

Lovely markings and I think I will treat the whole family to a good camera after the new year when all the craze has calmed down.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Very nice Alp, your hellebores will be ok, they're tough little things.

Still raining here and blustery. Didn't go through the wood, just walked around the houses with barley. Every so often get a downpour of rain and the wind.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
When I went to garden, I suddenly saw a lot of clear ground. All the stewed dahlias had collapsed onto the ground. I am worried that I would have no hellebore seeds to collect. That would be very sad. When the weather is good, I will collect the potted hellebores in a tray with holes and pour soil over them. Just as George Anderson did when he poured sand onto the potted daffs and tulips for his show competition. I am dreading it.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Storm Diana
6788902-6441359-image-a-54_1543487309753.jpg

and this sea foam from Dorset coast

article-6441359-6788822-225_636x686.jpg

See what's happening in Birmingham, @Logan !

Now I know why my pots are tilting this way! And the wind has picked up and tomorrow these two pots might be blown away! LOL
SAM_1308.JPG

The crinnodendron on the left has been pushed up by the wind.

All my toms
SAM_1307.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning: Hope the wind and the rain have calmed your way. Think we are going to be covered with tons of rain tomorrow or the day after. Hope @Zenj and family are safely home.

Yesterday, the wind picked up a bit. Watched quite a bit of tv yesterday, including the British Garden Revival and £100k built house! I really can't get excited about Piers' funky idea. Those airplane stainless steel plates ruined the guy's house!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes thanks Alp, it's a lot calmer. Had some rain overnight, but clear sky after. There's that bright planet in the sky to the east. Yes i watched a lot of tv yesterday, i look on YouTube a lot, mainly music, card making and golden retrievers. Found one on goldies that explains about the breed, don't watch all the silly ones.
Those house programmes are interesting but very expensive and they don't think how they're going to heat it when they have mostly glass.

The british garden revival sounds very interesting, i like things like that but i fall asleep watching.
I watched surgeons at the edge last week, it was filmed at birmingham Alexander hospital. But i had to rewind a few times, I kept falling asleep.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Glad that everything is calmer. Hope you stick to a safer part of the road, rather than woodland.

A lot of emphasis on glass - big and expensive ones. Funky ideas can be so tacky!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
D9E90E1E-0480-420F-900D-CAC7772FE7C9.jpeg
AE0BC5F0-6DA9-4676-A190-2CD910085D41.jpeg
Morning all the journey from Newcastle to Brighton was a bit of a night mare torrential rain and wind and a 1 And a half hour traffic jam but a ho on a brighter side the views this morning from our hotel balcony makes it all worth while:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question