Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Sleep well as the air has been clean and it's now so cold that I'm wearing a jacket. Kitchen temperature is 24c because of the apples being cooked. They were all rotten in the core. Well, at least, they are not staring at me every time I'm in the kitchen.

Dark and cool and I'm catching up with GW on iplayer.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
This is so hilarious that I want to share with you!

Fed up Toronto residents grow TOMATOES from the city's 'biggest' sinkhole to highlight depth of problem to officials
  • Community members living on Poplar Plains Road begged officials to address the gaping sinkhole
  • After being ignored residents planted tomato seeds to highlight problem
  • When the improvised garden took root officials stepped in, repairing the hole

4F3346E100000578-0-image-a-4_1534642272473.jpg

Wow! What a bumper harvest that would have been!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Arsenal lost again! :cry::cry: When they drew 2-2, I thought they were going to be OK. But no. Arsenal feels like the old Liverpool! Now, we can't even blame the extra player on the pitch!

japan-flood-afp_650x400_51499840261.jpg

Horrific pcs from the floods in Kerala, South India. I saw a whole landmass collapsing and moving houses along with it. Quite staggering that a country with nuclear capability hasn't built houses on solid bases. Hope the forest fires in Calgary has subsided, making breathing easier for all!

Going to clear some old wood at the back of a border. Hopefully, to get some horse manure to chuck on top of the woodchips when it is cooler in the next few days! Feel very autumnal in the garden with a bit of breezy and sun trying to shine tentatively!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all @alp that's a shame about your apples.

Has anyone heared of a song called Lover Please. Hubby thought that he knew of a version
and it was upbeat. There's one that rita coolage and kriss Kristofferson did but that was slow. He couldn't find it on YouTube and Google search came up with the original from the 60s. I told him that he imagined it.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all.

Good idea @alp , it's very good to add manure in autumn you can either dig it in now or just leave it on top to absorb naturally then lightly dig into the soil in spring. We always empty out all our garden compost over the borders in autumn, once everything has either died back or been cleared away :)(y)

Not sure what I'm doing today , probably the things that I didn't do yesterday :LOL::ROFLMAO:.

Very dull and grey down south.....but hey we shouldn't grumble but instead take time out to remember those who are suffering in various awful circumstances around the world.:(

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom

Has anyone heared of a song called Lover Please. Hubby thought that he knew of a version
and it was upbeat. There's one that rita coolage and kriss Kristofferson did but that was slow. He couldn't find it on YouTube and Google search came up with the original from the 60s. I told him that he imagined it.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

He probably is imagining or is confused about similar songs. That happened to me all the times!

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom

I actually chopped every single one up and add tons of raisins and frozen blackberries which I bought ages ago. I think I would like to make a roulatte and wonder if @Leeski can give me a recipe. Or she's snoring from yesterday's overtime.

Horror, horror! Some Wyevale is going to. With the rates going up the roof, soon we will have to buy plants from Amazon as they are favoured with lower rates! Imagine the prospect of that?? All thanks to the elite toffs ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Logan Does hubby love music and the Carpenters as much as you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question