alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, nice and warm here, @Zenji !

Finally removed neighbour's metal bed frame. This frame must have been 40 to 60 years old. Still at a loss as to what to do. The previous owner who fashioned himself as a renovation expert had part brick, part compost next to the neighbour. I am having a headache as to how to proceed as neighbour's tree is also encroaching to my area. Was thinking of a lazy way out. Then realised that I would fence off some of own land to the neighbour's side. What a nightmare!

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Glad that you've started the job. Why not phone round mechanics with the symptoms to see what they mostly say? It might help you get a picture of what's wrong and how much it's going to cost. Don't put your safety at risk, @MaryMary!

I'm not worried about my safety! ;) This doesn't seem like one of those problems where the car is going to die while I'm driving it. It seems more like one day, it just won't start!! :( I've pretty much decided to drive it until it gives up, then get it fixed.

The check engine light is off right now, so that lends heavily to that decision!! If it comes on and stays on, I might re-evaluate that decision, but until the problem becomes a PROBLEM, I'm going to try to save some money up for the eventual expense of getting it fixed. I feel like the car is giving me a warning, which is a nice change from "Haha!! I'm broke, and you must fix me NOW!!" :unsure:

I'm scheduled both jobs, sometimes on the same day, for the next week. (I have tomorrow off, so I'm going to spend the day cleaning, and making some "freeze and reheat" dinners.) I'm going to be too tired to cook after work. (y) :sleep:

If you don't hear from me for a while... I'm probably working, driving, or sleeping. :D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
If you don't hear from me for a while... I'm probably working, driving, or sleeping. :D

We'd love to hear from you. You always have very informative and interesting posts!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not worried about my safety! ;) This doesn't seem like one of those problems where the car is going to die while I'm driving it. It seems more like one day, it just won't start!! :( I've pretty much decided to drive it until it gives up, then get it fixed.

The check engine light is off right now, so that lends heavily to that decision!! If it comes on and stays on, I might re-evaluate that decision, but until the problem becomes a PROBLEM, I'm going to try to save some money up for the eventual expense of getting it fixed. I feel like the car is giving me a warning, which is a nice change from "Haha!! I'm broke, and you must fix me NOW!!" :unsure:

I'm scheduled both jobs, sometimes on the same day, for the next week. (I have tomorrow off, so I'm going to spend the day cleaning, and making some "freeze and reheat" dinners.) I'm going to be too tired to cook after work. (y) :sleep:

Don't over do it, it's no use having money for a house if you're not well enough to enjoy it.:)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Don't over do it, it's no use having money for a house if you're not well enough to enjoy it.:)

Pfft!! Logan, you act as if I need sleep! :ROFLMAO:

I'm only going to be physically able to work two jobs for so long. I'd rather do it now, than try to do it when I'm 60! :eek: (n) (But thanks, I do hear you! I'll ask for a day off one or the other if I feel my edges getting frayed.)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Finished cutting some of the old stems off the redcurrants. Hubby took it to the recycling place.
He's worried that i cut too much off, but it has'nt been done for a few years. Also we've got enough in the freezer to keep us going.

Reactions: alp

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Pfft!! Logan, you act as if I need sleep! :ROFLMAO:

I'm only going to be physically able to work two jobs for so long. I'd rather do it now, than try to do it when I'm 60! :eek: (n) (But thanks, I do hear you! I'll ask for a day off one or the other if I feel my edges getting frayed.)
(y)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
This afternoon got a appointment with the hygienist. Have to go to Henley in Arden, about 20mins away. Used to see the same dentist in town,but he went private and moved to Henley in Arden. So we moved with him because he's good,it doesn't cost much more than the NHS, also we took out a payment scheme to pay for it at the practice.
He's good looking as well.;)
But i won't see him today.:(

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
He's good looking as well.;)
But i won't see him today.:(

What are you like? I know this old woman who surrounded herself with suave and good looking tradespeople and got totally fleeced. £5000 for wiring a 4-bedroom house and all the wires were dangling in the kitchen and a fuse box up in the ceiling for which she fell down from a ladder trying to switch back after it tripped. When she refused to open the door to give him more money, he went to the fuse box outside and removed the fuse. Another carpenter - good-looking, too - went to hers nearly every day and left with £80 a day. She got very angry when I didn't use her tradespeople as I got quite worried. I have written enough trading standards letters for her - about 6 different companies.

Beware of good-looking men, Dot! Hahaha!

Back to gardening - the day dawned early. Lovely and sort of opening up, not bright. I have made a bowl of microwaved soil and will start up the petunia seeds as voted on the thread. Just love a bit of double petunias! Thank you for voting!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
HaHaHa Yes, thanks for the advice. Good that you didn't use her trades people. A woman up the road had her kitchen done and she was giving him money up front. He was taking him time doing it because he knew that he could.

Hubby knows that I fancy him, but that's how far it will get. The dentist is very professional.:)

Good luck with your seeds. When they come up turn them every day so they can get the light.

I do that with my seeds. Parsnips haven't come up,it been 4 weeks.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Perhaps give your parsnip an insulation plastic bubble wrap. I will do that today for my big propagator.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Perhaps give your parsnip an insulation plastic bubble wrap. I will do that today for my big propagator.
Yes I've put them in the propagator and put bubble wrap over it, i've looked at the seed and they still look ok. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question