Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all the sun is shining after lots of rain the gardens are soaked so no chance of doing anything yet .

Enjoy! You deserve it

upload_2018-2-20_9-22-18.png

Better than my forecast. A man walking the dog was surprised that I was out digging up stuff and he said, "It's raining!". I needed the fresh air! The drizzle was not enough to kill me..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning! Lovely morning here, sunshine and blue skies:)

Visiting a friend today. ....but as we have to pass Ikea then it would be a crime not to pop in for coffee and apple cake........wouldn't it ?
:D:ROFLMAO::D

Have a brilliant day!(y):)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Must go and have one of these teas. Trouble is I prefer to spend my money on plants. £2 for a cup of tea is enough for me to get an Astrantia!

Went out to get some fresh air and it rained. I think the world has conspired against me.

I have now found all my double snowdrop - could be Flore Pleno,

SAM_0057.JPG
SAM_0058.JPG
SAM_0059.JPG

SAM_0060.JPG

One of my biggest clusters of hellebores
SAM_0056.JPG

SAM_0061.JPG
SAM_0062.JPG

I wonder how to name hellebores.. Lovely though!

All humour has been restored by seeing this Silver anniversary - bought for 99p or £1.99
SAM_0055.JPG

My first white camellia!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, it been a beautiful day today dare I say spring like. Mange to get to the nursery this afternoon for some raspberry canes but none of the variety's I wanted. Got 12 bags of compost 8 for me and 4 for next door :), picked up 2 bags of john innes for potting up some strawberry troughs. I didn't get one plant :eek: looked everywhere for a white Astrantia shaggy or star of billion , they had a few others but na. Saw a few double helibores yesterday but they were only small, nice though just didn't want to pay £6 for little plant

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I actually saw a Star of Billion reduced to £1.99. I bought one from B&Q of a different variety. What so special about Star of Billion, Perki ? B&Q has a different single one for £5.87, I paid for that as it had quite a few flowers. Wait till they reduced them. Did you get all your compost on your bike, Perki?

I wanted to kick myself again! I saw about 20 bags of 70L Levington top soil reduced at Asda. I waited for my son for so long that I changed my mind. Something's mental with me!

Planted 2 osmanthus next to the nasties. And trying to label my promiscuous hellebores. Just no way to differentiate them.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@alp they are beautiful. That Camellia is stunning.

I wouldn't spend £2.00 on a cup of tea.

You can't go out. You're bound by your dogs .. hehe!

Coffee is the real killer easily over £2.

Today, I actually seeded some white French lavender. So difficult to pick out the seeds. But I really love the plant. It's very happy in my raised bed. I also split one Alstroemeria Red lion into a new plant. Also took cuttings from a Pasa Doublé, a Boogie Woogie. Hopefully the new shoots will make new plants.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I actually saw a Star of Billion reduced to £1.99. I bought one from B&Q of a different variety. What so special about Star of Billion, Perki ? B&Q has a different single one for £5.87, I paid for that as it had quite a few flowers. Wait till they reduced them. Did you get all your compost on your bike, Perki?

I wanted to kick myself again! I saw about 20 bags of 70L Levington top soil reduced at Asda. I waited for my son for so long that I changed my mind. Something's mental with me!

Planted 2 osmanthus next to the nasties. And trying to label my promiscuous hellebores. Just no way to differentiate them.

I want a white astrantia to plant with a penstemon garnet . So any white astrantia will do but probably prefer shaggy.

I've mastered balancing a bag of compost on my head, two on the back seat , one on the tank. only took a few journeys :cool: :ROFLMAO: I got my dad to pick the compost up but they do delivery for a fee.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I want a white astrantia to plant with a penstemon garnet . So any white astrantia will do but probably prefer shaggy.

I've mastered balancing a bag of compost on my head, two on the back seat , one on the tank. only took a few journeys :cool: :ROFLMAO: I got my dad to pick the compost up but they do delivery for a fee.
:LOL:

Have you got a car driving licence? Talking about bike, this morning I saw a coloured lady riding on a very simple gadget. It sounded motorised, but it was so simple.

Even simpler than this one

s-l225.jpg

I said to myself, "What a good idea!"

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@MaryMary How's your car? Have you started your new job yet?

Today was my first day at the new job. Mostly it was just orientation, I imagine more training for the job tomorrow. (y)

Grrr, that car!! :cautious: I put good gas in it, and some fuel treatment additive, and the check engine light was out for three days. Then it came back on for two days, now it's out again. I'm wavering between having someone look at it, or not. It runs when the light is on, just sounds bad and doesn't want to accelerate. (I almost want to wait as long as I can, and just have them fix it once it stops running!!)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Glad that you've started the job. Why not phone round mechanics with the symptoms to see what they mostly say? It might help you get a picture of what's wrong and how much it's going to cost. Don't put your safety at risk, @MaryMary!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Or get a motorised bike, like the one I saw yesterday. I was so impressed as it was quiet and simple. Much simpler than Perki's enormous powerhorse. I reckon it would be cheap too.

Hazy sunshine here. Not too cold.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question