Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Upsy Daisy In the living room. At the moment, 2 trays and my headache is already starting. They have just been kissed by the sun. Sunshine has gone and my feet are cold. Would you believe it? I need to use those pots as they will keep them warm day and night. Sensible to keep it back. But I want to keep them here as in the lean to, they will either die from extreme cold or extreme heat as the lean to can be very hot or cold. A friend told me that he could buy bubble wrap for £25 for 100m. I am a bit wary as this bargain hunter bought tons of Chinese fake Centrum in the bootsale! Hahaha!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It been quite nice again today, warm in the sunshine, its getting cold now. Been out for a wander round town and picked up some nerine bowdenii from home and bargin , 3 large bulbs £1.50. I didn't want any more nerines but an offer I can't miss out on, I might go an get some more :sneaky:. I got 4 amano shrimp for the fish tank, I can only find 2 at the moment, I hope they haven't become dinner for another fish :eek:.

You've been busy Alp :) I've sown some petunia like pirouette but rose pink/red. You'll have to be patient with the angel fishing rod , I've heard they can take a number of years to get to flowering stage.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, marred by the good news given to me by @Perki about the fishing rod! Only joking. 5c in the lean to with a pathetic candle burning all through the night. Very sad, but the electric heater is too dear. A man buying up 4 bottles of paraffin was complaining about the price of £8 each. Should have used some bubble wrap. Fishing rod picked up here and there and therefore free. They germinated straight away last year, but two days ago, I only saw the rotting blades. :cry::cry::cry:! Just tell you that overwintering seedlings without heating or proper ventilation is the symptom of a dumb person!

3 for £1.50 is unbeatable. Just tell you that you have to go around and see what they have on offer. You can't go wrong with a line of nerines with ballerina elegance, can you? They love the heat, so make sure they are next to concrete or bricks. I saw such a marvellous display outside a house that I would forever remember its beauty. It was on a blazing hot afternoon as well.

Tarts, Logan? I wish I lived next door to you. I am going to be brutal and weed out some wishy washy breeders' choice amongst my hellebores today.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I don't over winter seedlings, it's too cold. I do with the chilli plants,i cut them back in september now they have flowers forming, don't know if they'll come to anything, but wait and see. I don't put any geraniums and fuschias in there, because they'll have greenfly and it will spread to the chillies.
It's too cold to do any Gardening also got to make the tarts. Sometimes we have to be brutal with plant,got a lot of hellebore seedlings around the plants. Don't know what to do about them.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Logan, let them self seed and when you have more flowers, weed out the boring ones. They won't come true to their parents. So let them do their business and then you can weed out those that you don't like. That's what I am going to do. I have tons of babies; hopefully, some beautiful ones from Ashwood. But they are just sprouting.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning, just a quick 'Hi' before going over to visit my dad.

Yum yum @Logan ........what time did you say Sunday dinner is, I have forgotten :);)

If I plan on overwintering young plants then I make sure I sow then in July or Aug to ensure that they are strong enough before the winter arrives. Mine are all in the greenhouse within a bubble wrap ' cage'.

Have a lovely day...wrap up warm!(y)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_20180223_095657.jpg
@upsydaisy dinner time is 10.30am. You can come along if you want and anyone else.:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I can murder one of this now. Actually, I am going to bung one of these into the oven. Oh, dear! Don't think I can eat it without ice cream to wash it down. So sweet that my teeth clatter! LOL!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I can murder one of this now. Actually, I am going to bung one of these into the oven. Oh, dear! Don't think I can eat it without ice cream to wash it down. So sweet that my teeth clatter! LOL!
You can have a piece if you want,i'll keep some for you.:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hahaha! Son and I had a cherry pie bought for 13p. We only loved the crust. The cherry content will be washed down with icecream tomorrow. Haven't done much today. Spent a lot of time trying to replicate this logo.

Untitled-1.jpg

Not very good, but the tutorial was very confusing.

Because of the cold, I went outside and grouped all my latest buys - Aster, helenium, Crinodendron hookerianum, even blueberries, salvias and what not together and use an old shower curtain to drape over as many pots as I can. I am really dreading it. I took some foxgloves and others inside my lean-to. I certainly don't want to risk it. In the living room, thermostat set at 21.5c. Mama mia!

Logan, at least you have your hubby to cuddle with! LOL! Hahaha! I am actually wearing a short sleeve summer top! How ridiculous am I!

I forgot to sterilise the compost, so tomorrow I will sow more seeds. I'm glad that I didn't wait till March .. It seems to be a long stretch of cold spell. :cry:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question