Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to all. Thank you, Logan. I feel fine. I think I have lost quite a bit of my sense of balance. Several times, I was on a spot, but swayed as if by wind. But still, don't complain. I always count my blessing.

Mark, I will google the place. But I mustn't go hear any of them with my credit card. I so wanted to go to Ashwood. Thank heavens that it is a prohibitively far-away 4 hours' drive. If I were there, I would be broke totally. Thank heavens again that hepatics need strange growing condition, or I will be broke again. They were so pretty. I was stunned by it details and colours.

I have never seen such a lovely collection in one place. Even gcs sell only the most common ones; if no, they asked for a lot of money!

You all know that I like a bargain. Yesterday there was a 5L or 7L pot of nepeta. I don't even like it, but £1.99 for the pot and the nepeta cost me a bit of internal struggle. In the end, I had to leave it behind. I had a white foxglove, a King of the hearts dicentra and another bird feeder. I'm addicted.

I have found used sunflower hearts only in 2 feeders as the day before yesterday, I saw a goldfinch stopped on one of them. It was so shy and flew away straight away, but it was a start. How come they were so aggressive when I was filming them elsewhere?!:eek::LOL:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't in the end, I'm a plantaholic so told myself that I wouldn't stray from my list ;) pricey but absolutely beautiful. The sun was shining and the honeybees were out. I've spent far too much this month on Dahlia tubers and pulmonaria's. The Winter/Spring garden will be my target for next year.

From Harvington, definitely would be pricey! But what a stunning feast for the eyes! Go around you will be surprised at what you can get. But make sure they have at least 4 flowers as flowers = babies next January and flowers the following January if you provide optimal growing condition.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp glad that your ok. If it was that,you will have to do some balancing exercises. As we get older we lose it. When i had physio i was made to do that. I had to balance on a balancing board.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning , dull cloudy day. I am going to pop down Lidl soon see if they have any dahlia's in. B ans m is next door so see if they have any raspberry's I am after as well. Got some job around the garden which need attending to, the currants and gooseberry need a prune for a start

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Perki I knew I should have gone to Lidl. I am after a pepperdew antipasto and some green stuff. But then son said we'd better go home and all was forgotten until now. I think I have quite a good few, though not the national collection, hehe!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Went to B&Q and saw this drunk thirsty drinker

SAM_0240.JPG

It is ENORMOUS

got a red helleborus Tutu for just under £6. Very pleased
SAM_0242.JPG

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have found used sunflower hearts only in 2 feeders as the day before yesterday, I saw a goldfinch stopped on one of them. It was so shy and flew away straight away, but it was a start. How come they were so aggressive when I was filming them elsewhere?!:eek::LOL:

If the feeders are new, it will take a while for them to feel at home. They have to get accustomed to the new sights and sounds in order to recognize what is normal, because until they do, everything is a potential threat. Also, individual birds will have different personalities just like people do. Some will be braver, some will be more skittish. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@Perki......saw some Dahlia tubers in Poundland this morning ,pkt of 5 assorted ones.
Lidl only had some very dead looking Primulas:(

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, @Upsy Daisy ! I might have not missed much then. Logan, I bid for this similar flower £6 delivered, but it came with no flower, so effectively, it could be anything!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Went to a garden centre nearby and saw Camellia selling at £5.99 and one with flower £7.99. I must hide my credit card. Or I will have to start a new thread - I have no self-control either! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lidl didn't have the premium Dahlia tubers :( . Wilko is a bit out of the way for me in town centre, I had Jury service in January and wilko was just down the road, I picked a few packets of seeds up cheap but it was to early for dahlia tubers .

Went to B&M for raspberry's, didn't have the two variety's I wanted :( but did have a second option Polka in stock £4.50 in 3.5litre pot not sure if thats dear are not. They are getting a lot of stock in now, they haven't had any new gardening stuff in since last August -September. Looks like a trip to the gardening centre for me tomorrow :D.

Got home and cleaned the secateurs and pruned the gooseberry and 2 red and 1 white currants, pulled some Ivy out, watched R Federer and football and looked through claire austin website for plants.

Reactions: alp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question