Status
Not open for further replies.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I was driving to work yesterday with the check engine light on. Strike while the iron is hot!! I called my manager and asked if I could be late, to take it to AutoZone to have it hooked to the diagnostic machine. He said yes. (y)

This is from my diagnostic printout.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Cylinder misfire detected - misfire on cylinder 2.

Probable cause(s)
  1. Ignition system fault- spark plug(s), ignition wires, coil.
  2. Vacuum leak
  3. Injector fault
  4. High or low fuel pressure.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(Cylinder 2 would be spark plug #2.)

It's funny and sad that I have had so many things go wrong with so many cars that I can almost tell what's wrong with it. :meh: I thought it sounded like a plug wire had come loose - and there's a misfire on 2. Numbers 2, 3, and 4 all seem to be something related to the fuel line.

Now, here's the thing - I was putting gas in it a couple days before it started acting up, and the pump made a funny sound, at the same time the hose literally jumped a bit. So, I'm wondering if there was something in that gas...? Maybe a bit of water, or even a chunk of some debris...?
shruggy.gif

I drove home last night, the check engine light was not on, but the low fuel light was. I'll have to get gas on my way to work. I'm going to spring for the higher octane gas this time, and put a bottle of injector cleaner in it, so maybe... just maybe... that will clear up the problem.

Meanwhile, I'll make an appointment with a garage for next Wednesday, and if the problem fixes itself, I'll cancel. Fingers crossed!!

Garages or car mechanics can be very crafty, especially when you are a woman. Oh, dear!

Yeah, I don't trust them either! When I was 21 years old, I had one try to tell me he needed $350 to replace a bypass hose that ran from the radiator to the water pump. I did not have that kind of funds at 21, and had to be at my parent's the next day for Thanksgiving. But he said he had to take off the water pump to replace the hose, and it would take two days, since they couldn't do it before they closed that day - so I couldn't make it to dinner at my parent's. (I started crying.:(.) BUT... I calmed down, and asked, "Wait... the problem is that hose? That's it ? That hose?"

Yes, $350 and two days' work to replace a hose. I got mad. (Inside, I was seething!!) So I asked him if they had the hose currently in stock. Yes, indeed, they did. I asked him if he would sell me the hose. He was very confused. Why did I want the hose? :confused:

I explained to him that... :sneaky: ..."I could understand if he couldn't get his hands in there since he was a man, but my hands are little, and I am sure that I can get my hands in there without taking off the water pump!!" ... I went on... "It should be a simple thing to replace a hose, those are just aviator clamps; if I can't figure out two clamps and a hose, I shouldn't be driving!!"
Fist-new.gif

And do you know... he had never thought about replacing the hose without taking off the water pump...:rolleyes: ... well, maybe he could get his hands in there...o_O

15 minutes and $7 later, my car was fixed. :cautious: No, I don't trust them.

Why don't you get a scooter ;) :stig:

Scooter? Scooter?!! Pshaw... Give me speed! Give me power!! (y) :D

All part of the plan, Perki, all part of the plan... ;) First the house with the nice garage... then... the scooter!!!

(Scooter, he says...:rolleyes:.)

th
th

:stig: :D :stig: (y) :ROFLMAO:

Wow, look at the length of this post! I must be channeling @Colin this morning! ;) :LOL:

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all a lovely sunny day here grand parenting duties today so we will take them for a walk along the beach, end up at the arcades and finish with fish and chips or Ice creams mmm which they will have to be a vote .

Isn't it lovely to have grandchildren! Your grandchildren are lucky to have you two! Glad that you introduce the concept of voting. Some kids just scream upon hearing the word NO!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
MaryMary - A few days ago, a young girl was holding an invoice about being charged air-con when there was NO aircon in her car! :eek: How scandalous was that? Big companies are after women, aged, ill and the greenhorn or those who don't look streetwise.

We have a Nissan and the boot refused to open twice. All the wires are white. So in the end, son was too scared to weld the wrong wires and it failed the MOT. The man asked for £75 to have it repaired. I had it done before and was charged £60 including the MOT. Any way, I refused to have it done on the spot. So phoned up and a woman consulted the mechanic and £48 was quoted. My son went instead of me. Son looked like a greenhorn. Then son called and said the man wanted £68 instead of £48. In the end, I said he had only got £60 and he quickly agreed. What did it say about this man and me! I should have stood my ground as we were quoted £48. If he wanted to charge £68, he should have phoned me to discuss before finishing the whole job, had a look at my son and then changed £20 more.

Now I have chalked this down as a no no. Another lesson to remember.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Mother of all plants. They haven't seen separated? Such a big clump! Beautiful spotted ones. I took several photos, but just can't find the camera. Funny how hellebores look similar but never exactly the same.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
How's your back, Upsy?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!! Fine now thanks @alp...just a tad twingey first thing in the morning.:),

How are you doing?
What have you been doing today?

Spent the day at my Dad's.....it was lovely and warm in his garden, unlike ours it is quite enclosed :)

Started to think about sowing some seeds soon but have just checked the BBC long range weather and we are in for a cold spell and even some snow around the 1st March.. but it might change I suppose.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Glad that your back is not getting any worse. I had a fall and thank heavens my two eyes are still OK and it didn't hurt my legs. It's still going to be very cold next week. And the rain is coming back again. My clay soil is just trying to clear up. As my garden has various levels, clay and soil slid down everywhere, making walking very dangerous and that's why I had a fall.

Sowing seeds have to be held back a bit unless you have more insulation material. I think I'd better make a start.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks,No I've not seperated them, they look good like that. :) they seem to like the heavy soil better. Even though they'll grow in any type of soil.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, they do look very good. I separated all of them and they have 3 to 5 buds each. I took some photos but the camera is nowhere to be found. I have found them to be very tolerant of heat and clay as well. But this year, I have had quite a lot of slug damages.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
:eek::eek: Oh no!! Are you OK? Did you hurt yourself? Did you hit your head?:(

I do have plenty of insulated trays / heated propagators but I don't really want trays etc. in the house....just need warmer weather......not asking for too much am I :D:ROFLMAO:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to all - a quiet day ahead. Going to be my day out.

@Upsy Daisy It was a terrible fright. Had a nasty slip on the clay soil and thankfully it didn't hurt the leg when I got up.

Warmth? Not likely! Apparently, today might be the warmest till the end of February!:cry::cry::cry:!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question