alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, MaryMary! How are you today?

Good and sensible dental arrangement, @Upsy Daisy ! Been out since 9 and came in 12 and now it started to rain. The rain band has, however, whitened up a bit and there is blue sky on the other side. It was muddy everywhere. The grass is literally nowhere to be seen.

OK, this patch might not be much, but it was much worse before. It was a sink hole full of sandpit, rubble, broken bricks. After days of digging and covering, it is some form of rockery; well, don't laugh, to me any way.

Once the plants flower, it will look very natural in no time. I have osmanthus, osteospermum, irises and ivy and even .. And soon I will be scattering wild seeds and the bugs and bees will have a good time there.some nettles
SAM_0213.JPG

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp that looks great,as you say when everything is in flower it will look pretty. It's best not to over plant,then you would have to thin it out. When you've sown the seeds it will be great.

Finished doing the hellebores and cut out some of the old wood of the redcurrants, haven't done them all. It's very sunny, but still a cold wind. Put the towels out on the line. It will probably rain now.;)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hello, MaryMary! How are you today?

It is 8:30 in the morning, and I am trying to get myself accustomed to sleeping nights and waking up early. :( I'm up, so it's working, but I am not happy about it.

Why am I waking up early?? I decided to take a part-time job in the hopes of adding to the funds I have set aside for a down payment on a house. This is a good thing - except I drove to the interview with the Check Engine light on!! (None of the other lights were on, so I kept driving!) The car was running ragged; I'm guessing here, but I think it's the fuel filter or possibly the fuel pump. Ok, no problem, I can take it to the auto parts store, first thing after the interview. As long as the check engine light is on, they can hook it to the diagnostics machine, tell me what the problem is, and it won't cost me a dime.

I got the job!! (y) I left the interview to go to the parts store - and the light was off. The diagnostic machine won't work.

But the light was off, and this was good! It was good for two whole days. I filled out the new hire paperwork, and was driving there to drop it off before work... and the check engine light was on again! o_O This time, I am not playing around. I decided to heck with dropping off my paperwork, I'll go straight to the parts store and have them hook it up. And then... one stoplight...ONE stoplight... before I get to the store, the engine smoothed out. With my heart sinking, I looked down, and the light is off again!! :wideyed:

So now I am driving a ticking time-bomb. :nailbiting: I don't know where I will be when it finally gives up, I don't have any idea what the problem is, so I have no idea what it will cost, and now I have to worry about getting to and from two jobs!! I would just admit defeat, and take it to a mechanic, but I don't have a day off 'til next Wednesday.

One step forward, one step back, one step forward, one step back... :arghh:

I'm trying to tell myself that I got the job just in time, but that's hard; I'm betting that my first two or three paychecks are already gone, and I haven't even spent one hour on the clock...

:( :arghh: :cry: :mad: :sour: :( :rage: :censored: :muted: :grumpy: (n)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@MaryMary could it be a faulty light? What about the oil, have you checked that?
Great about your job, but this could have happened any time.

The oil was changed less than two weeks ago. I am happy about the job, and I know this could have happened any time, but it gives me more things to worry about. :nailbiting: I'd hate to lose two jobs because I have unreliable transportation!

The reason I think it's something to do with the fuel line is that it seems like it's not getting enough gas, but when I give it more pedal, it bogs down and gets worse. It doesn't want to accelerate, but if I "feather-tap" the gas (instead of just pushing down,) it accelerates better.

It runs choppy if I am idling at a stoplight, but smooths out a bit if I put it in neutral. It almost seems like one of my spark plug wires has come loose, it's that kind of choppy, but it's tied in to the gas, because it's reacting to my use of the pedal.

As long as it starts and moves, I can get back and forth for another week. I just hate taking it to the shop without knowing what's wrong with it first!! :cautious:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
The oil was changed less than two weeks ago. I am happy about the job, and I know this could have happened any time, but it gives me more things to worry about. :nailbiting: I'd hate to lose two jobs because I have unreliable transportation!

The reason I think it's something to do with the fuel line is that it seems like it's not getting enough gas, but when I give it more pedal, it bogs down and gets worse. It doesn't want to accelerate, but if I "feather-tap" the gas (instead of just pushing down,) it accelerates better.

It runs choppy if I am idling at a stoplight, but smooths out a bit if I put it in neutral. It almost seems like one of my spark plug wires has come loose, it's that kind of choppy, but it's tied in to the gas, because it's reacting to my use of the pedal.

As long as it starts and moves, I can get back and forth for another week. I just hate taking it to the shop without knowing what's wrong with it first!! :cautious:
(y)

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@MaryMary Glad that you've got the job and that you have such a wonderful plan of going to buy a house. Sad that the car trouble is recurring. What make is your car and you must have googled. You can even try youtube to find out the possible costs. Garages or car mechanics can be very crafty, especially when you are a woman. Oh, dear! I am sweating for you. I hate the word problems and I used to panic like hell and that has affected my son badly. I feel so guilty for that. Perhaps you could phone around and get some advice and then take the car to the garages.

Been out for 2 and a half hours. I just want to cry. So much to do and everything is amateurish. Look at @Mar56 's furniture. It's so nice. Wish I could enjoy a cup of tea sitting there.

What a glorious day, but there is a terrible chill in the air, so everybody: Keep wrapped up!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I stopped using mouth wash after brushing my teeth last year, I plan on using mwash after tea but I rarely remember. The dentist on the NHS are suppose to clean your teeth with a check up, it in the same band 1. I have to mention it when I go otherwise your in then out in under 3 mins, like you said though they don't do a good job its all about how fast they can get you out the door, it not like I don't pay towards it either, goes up every time I go (n).

Sorry about your back @Upsy Daisy you'll have to take it easy

Look good @alp whats the building around it ?

Doesn't sound good @MaryMary could be the fuel pump , hopefully it not a injector but that should so up on the dash, it doesn't sound like a spark plug or coil, a lot of mechanic are useless now, if the computer can't tell them what wrong there stumped :rolleyes: . My motorbike had problems a while back, no engine management light but clearly they was something wrong with it. End up in a garage for 15months more to do with them not looking at it :mad:, fixed now :) . Why don't you get a scooter ;) :stig:

Looks like a nice day Mark, you've got a few tree. I like your new avatar as well :)

It been working in a graveyard on top of the hill most of the day, its hasn't rain/snowed but its freezing and the wind been blowing me around, I've lost count how many brambles have attacked me and tripped me up.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Good news about your job @MaryMary :), sad to hear of your on going car problems.....hope you are able to resolve it without it costing too much(y)

Lovely day , blue skies and sunshine:):)

Checked over the autumn sowings and cuttings......all looking good:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Why don't you get a scooter ;) :stig:

Yes, cool! @MaryMary, think about it. Probably 5 layers of clothes and a scarf and 3 pairs of trousers when you're riding the scooter! :bear: But it is much cheaper and takes you from A to B to C!

3 minutes' check up is rubbish. Nor worth the money. When son was young, I sent him across the road to the expensive dentist for 6 months' check up She was furious, saying me whose idea that was. I told her that he was supposed to have free check up once every 6 months. After that, we seldom visited her. For that moment onwards, I knew she's very grabby. My elderly neighbour said the same. "Oh, she's very dear!". The last time she saw my son, she came out and told me that my son had a beautiful set of teeth. My son never ate chocolate or sweets, but now he's more accommodating.

Yes, @Perki I feel for you that you had to work in the open. I worked till 10 and was so hot that I removed the top 2 layers and went out again. Then I was cold. In the afternoon, I could feel a distinct chill in the air and I was at the spot with sun setting nearby. So I can imagine how horrible your working condition was!

That building must have been a shed fashioned by the previous owner. We were novice buyers, we never asked the man to clear everything. Apparently that wall with a window even had a roof. Ex removed it. Then there was a wall and a big front and that's it. I had the feeling that he either put his coal or his boating materials in it. It was about a foot deeper than the other areas and I just chucked loads of rubble and whatnots into it and a rockery is the quickest way to hide the ugly hole. Phew! It's no beauty. But at least I can ask for a bit more money if the place is flat and tidy. It was chaotic. 50 years' of ashes and cinders, shingles and rockery rocks, sails .. There is even a metal cubicle. I am so lucky! NOT!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know the feeling of dig up everything, I been working in mums garden as well, buried concrete and posts, cut stone which not to bothered about cause it is usable , general waste and 2 week ago asbestos sheets.

I haven't got any secret admires either no Valentine cards through the post :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
MaryMary, the check engine light went on in my truck, so I took it to our trusted mechanic, who told me sometimes that light gets a "glitch" and it doesn't mean a thing. Our light was going on and off, and he checked out the engine, then advised us to just put a piece of black tape over that silly light and if the engine sounded funny, bring it to him. He trusts human judgement over computers. I like that man!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
MaryMary, the check engine light went on in my truck, so I took it to our trusted mechanic, who told me sometimes that light gets a "glitch" and it doesn't mean a thing. Our light was going on and off, and he checked out the engine, then advised us to just put a piece of black tape over that silly light and if the engine sounded funny, bring it to him. He trusts human judgement over computers. I like that man!

Haha! I like him too. Do tell him that. That would save a lot of money and headache, bar getting that tape, MaryMary ! But if the engine sound dodgy, check it out with a trusted mechanic. You life is more important than anything else!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question