Not open for further replies.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I know just what you mean @Logan . I use to make most of my clothes....before the kids came along!, and I often had a ' worrying ' bit to tackle. But as with you, it usually worked out OK:)
I've always liked sewing, but stopped because at the time it was cheeper to buy the clothes than to make. Then i moved to redditch when i re married.Couldn't get fabric here, had to go to brum(Birmingham),so i didn't bother. a few years ago i found a small shop that sells everything i need to do it with.When woolworths was around could buy the zips and cotton's from there. 31 years ago when i was living at worcester it wouldn't have been a problem.

Reactions: alp

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
If you lived near me, you wouldn't have this problem.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
All the haberdashery shops around here closed many years ago sadlly. I really enjoyed making my own clothes, my Mum was very good so I was able to learn a lot from her. She made a lot of our clothes.....even made coats!!

During my teenage years making my own clothes was the best way to follow fashion.. then later it was a good way to save money when I was in my 20's and married. I remember that my hubs bought me a very modern Toyota sewing machine when we first got married :) I think if I had a daughter then I might have continued.....but with boys it was not so easy. But as I also enjoyed knitting then at least I was able to make winter jumpers for them.....when they were young and willing to wear them!!:D:ROFLMAO:
Luckily we now have a great local shop that sells all you need to sew and knit you own unique clothes.......but now my eyesight is not so good, although I still do a little bit now and then.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to a quiet Wednesday morning i.e. no rain (yet)! More to do in the garden

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
There is a thread on spring flower for you to upload your spring flowers, @Mark56 and @Perki !

20th of February is the deadline.

https://www.gardening-forums.com/threads/vote-for-your-favorite-spring-flowers.13326/

To everybody: Please upload your spring flower photo(s) for all the forumers to vote please?

Also, don't forget to upload photo for POTM .. I need to dig something up.

Also to vote is this thread

https://www.gardening-forums.com/threads/trees-trees-trees.13388/

Name your favorite trees please!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all another very cold night with a heavy frost,@alp spring flowers my daffs are about 1” above the ground ,no gardening for a good while yet .

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all another very cold night with a heavy frost,@alp spring flowers my daffs are about 1” above the ground ,no gardening for a good while yet .

Ooops! I'm forever optimistic!:LOL: Perhaps I should extend it till March! I think I will do that so that you don't feel left out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning!!
How's everyone today?
Another cold night and a thick layer of frost this morning.

I have the 'joy' of a dental appointment today...:eek:....my dentist has left so it's a new one......no doubt they will look hard for trouble:(

My sister has a very sad funeral to attend today , her neighbour died very suddenly one night.....not ill at all!! She was only 55 :(:(

Makes it more important to live life for today, there may not be a tomorrow!

Happy Valentine's Day!:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Crikey! 55 and dead! Now I have more excuses to buy hellebores or other expensive plants (well, sort of expensive!:LOL: as I live in relative poverty. I am not moaning though). So sad 55 is not an age to depart ..

Forget it's Valentine's Day! :D Just another morning out to clear the back. This morning I had to dash out as I couldn't breathe. Foul airs everywhere, compounded by foul burner emissions..:cry::cry::cry:

Must work out where the winds blow in the next house or it's a sleepless night. Wanted to go out, but it's drizzling and the clay was so sticky that walking is dangerous. It's like mired in thick treacle! Very yucky!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Phew! Wasn't a dental check up after all ,just the Hygenist.....all OK.

We've had non stop rain all day.....so just a day of more seed sorting and planning sowing dates. This task always chases away the winter blues:):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question