Lupins in here are brilliant though. I hope this wins something

Untitled-1.jpg

Ruined by humanity with a hat!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
BigC You will like it a big garden filled sporadically with LUPINS! Your resourceful grandad would have loved!
Thanks for the replies guys....Penstemon sound good also...nothing ventured nothing gained.
Grandad was more of a roses man...one side of his garden for veg and the other was beset with rose bushes I reckon he must have had around 30 or so....Lupins and Holyhocks will figure also as will hardy geranium at some point

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
How easy is it to take a cutting of Quince...??
Lets see what this doctor wants me for....:(

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good luck to the doc's appointment!

I wish there were plants names instead of waffling … on and on... plant names are what we want in Chelsea Flower Show!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Lupins are magnets for SS.

Costly morning. MOT at least £130. Car battery £68.50. :cry::cry:

Nothing for plants ...

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
From 11am to 1pm, it was cloudy and there were two spits in the air, retired all my clothes from the washing line and decided to make a stepping square outside the front door as the step down to the pathway was too much. As soon as I finished mixing the cement and sand, the sun bared its power on me. my forehead was sweating pearl drops. It was hard work. Just finished making the square and I am never one for soft drinks, but suddenly, I have now the urge to swallow some.

With the rain water collected from two pipes, my custuses are SINGING and are still full of buds
SAM_0513.JPG
SAM_0514.JPG

Chelsea ruined by humanity again. This time a silver skinhead!
Untitled-1.jpg

Now that's better

Untitled-2.jpg

Japanese
Untitled-2.jpg

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
What is this all about?

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

:eek:

What is it all about? It's very sunny and yet it's RAINING!

SAM_0516.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all....I think this Salvia plant was meant to be..I was passing a local village fruit and veg shop and I spied some very nice blue/purple Salvia plants at around 2ft tall they were ultra healthy and full of flowers...£6.99 so I think I'll bob along tomorrow...as I dont think the GC could match that on price...We have used him before for Hydrangeas etc and any plants we have ever bought from him have flourished...so that's that sorted...I want it to go in the ground...no more pots...I'm sick of pots....:LOL:...Lupins, Holyhocks, Aster and Cornflowers have all germinated well outside in small coir pots so when they are large enough they will go in the dirt too.....Do you think I should pinch them out or just whack the whole pots into the borders ???

@alp what do you call the white daisy like flowers on one of your pictures above.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
White Rockrose (Cistus Hybridus) It's an evergreen. But most of the year, it doesn't do much. I just love the pristine white.

@BigC What did the doc say? I guess it must be fine. If you don't want to leave the salvia in pot, make sure you take cuttings. Or sink the pot or plant in the ground, but use a tiny stone to layer it. That way, you can have a new plant or two. All you need to do is to scrape the underside of a strong stem which can be bent and buried it with moist and free draining soil. You could put a rock on top or use a clip. These plants are tender and I have lost my black and blue.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
..Lupins, Holyhocks, Aster and Cornflowers have all germinated well outside in small coir pots so when they are large enough they will go in the dirt too.....Do you think I should pinch them out or just whack the whole pots into the borders ???
The only one you can pinch out is the cornflower.

Yes what did the doc say?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Cholestrol twice as high as it should be... course of Statins..banged on about BMI % this % that...all mind numbing stuff.
Just watched Chelsea...seemed to be Lupins everywhere so out I went and planted 20 more assorted into small pots..lol.....Tomorrow morning early (but not as early as @Logan) will see me join the Salvia club :whistle:
My Tractor Seat Bar Stools are in the post yipee :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question