Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@BigC - Good news that it's nothing serious. You must watch Chelsea afternoon session on iplayer as James Wong visited a Japanese garden famous for niwaki!

You will love it. Shame James Wong is still wearing his year-13 suit! He's bursting at the seams!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to another glorious day and I hope the blue blobs catch me today. I need the rain!

upload_2018-5-22_6-7-44.png

I hope the sun is going to be shy!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
If it flows with my idea, It goes where I think it should go. I have already posted in the weather thread. I will have an evaluation today and already I have tons of jitters ..

I need to mow the lawn later and there is just so much to do. Already Deliveroo has opened the sluice gate and I am coughing...

There is a bit of wind which I hope mitigate the heat. Need to bulk up the runner bean seeds. Planted them too shallow. JLS went for advice about his farm - he's living his dream - and helped me indirectly. I should have known this long time away, but I only started growing beans 2 years ago. Need some excuse to hide my ignorance, I guess!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning all..Aye the cholesterol ...apparently I have a 13.5% chance of having a stroke or heart problems if I carry on with my eating habits...:(
Anyway lets not dwell on doom and gloom..and/but speaking of doom and gloom.:whistle:.....its drying up nicely here in prep for a few days of sunshine or so they say...If this be the case (and me being off on holiday) I will get the grass/lawn prepared and treated..the weather-forecast is excellent for this job right now and if I dont do it I might not get another window of opportunity for a while.
Off to get me a Salvia after Brekkie which should be interesting...I guess it wont include Bacon :LOL:

I hope the blue blobs catch me today. I need the rain!
I hope you get some rain @alp...makes a change from me holding the monopoly on this geographical amenity lol

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I hope you get some rain @alp...makes a change from me holding the monopoly on this geographical amenity lol

Aye! My eyes are welling up for the lack of it. Already I am onto my 4th butt. I have to go out as the air is bad. BigC (Is C for Colin or Callum?) I am going to mow the lawn. See you lot later and make sure you watch your 3rd episode of Chelsea. Even Newcastle is enjoying fine weather. I'd love to share my sunshine and even out your geographical anomaly!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
BigC (Is C for Colin or Callum?)
Just boring "Colin" :LOL:
We are cool and damp here which makes it good for aeration and scarification of the lawn area with a view to putting down the feed and weed application tomorrow...The War Dept. is off to Zumba this morning so I'll buy the Salvia on the way there and then I'll toddle off to the GC whilst she is at the contortionists...lol Then I'll come home have some skinny lunch and get to planting etc.
I have given away some surplus tomato plants to family and friends and the strawberries are not far off picking..
Pics of my purchase later I hope

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Well it looks like I've made a terrible blunder..it turned out that the Salvia is not Amistad like I thought but rather Salvia nemorosa Caradonna which is probably the wrong thing altogether...anyhow I didn't have the heart not to go into the local fruit and veg/garden shop and not buy anything so I just made the purchase and left kicking myself.:mad:
Its still a nice plant so I have just dug it in and watered it and we'll see how we get along.
I cut two dozen strawberries from the greenhouse hanging baskets and we had them for afters at dinnertime with some ice-cream....I did see a lovely Weigela this morning alexandria...see pics...but hadn't enough change in my pocket at the time...I may go back at some stage lol

Salvia collage.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
BigC - you're going to kill me! Of all the variety, you have to buy this one! Ah well! I bought this one and there was a hole in the front garden. I don't even miss it. Where would you like to hang me? LOL!:eek::LOL:

If I keep you some seeds, can you afford postage! I will have Dyson's Joy, Jeans Jewels, Amistad. Hopefully, Cambridge Blue. Love and Wishes ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
If I keep you some seeds, can you afford postage! I will have Dyson's Joy, Jeans Jewels, Amistad. Hopefully, Cambridge Blue. Love and Wishes ..
Amistad please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question