Not open for further replies.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
BIG aquilegia! Chelsea is ON! Missed the recording.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Folks, enjoy the weather next week as the whole of UK is cloudless except a blue blob in Eire! :cool::cool::cool: will be the order of the day!
:p:p:p Ok @alp my wounds are open and your vastly running out of salt hahahaha

I've just seeded another couple of trays of mixed Aster and Cornflowers...so we'll get these up and potted on with a view to placing some in the borders...Question...If I pot on into those little Papier Mâché or fiber coir pots can I plant those straight into the ground once the plant is up a little??

Indoor Strawbs are doing quite nicely.

strawb1.jpg
strawb2.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Strawberries look promising! Raining in Ireland?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Strawberries look promising! Raining in Ireland?
OUCH!
"Thanks" and "Not at the minute" hahahahaha...If there's washing on the line its dry...do you think I'd be taking pictures in the rain lol

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
How did you manage to take a photo of a bird? it's not easy. They tend to fly away before I can point the camera. Once the sun has gone, it's cold. Took quite a bit of dahlia cuttings, not near the tubers though. Those tubers in the ground have come through with new shoots. Thank heavens the cold hasn't totally killed them.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Howdy to @DirtMechanic and good morning/afternoon/evening to the Brits and non-Brits!:LOL:

The employer must be snoring by now!:sleep: :ROFLMAO:

Now I'm getting a bit more cosmopolitan - knowing the US time, just a bit.

Going to be a scorcher. And I need to go out fast before being baked by the sun. A lot to tidy up before the evaluation man comes.

Going to catch up with Chelsea Flower Show as well. @marlingardener : If you can watch iplayer or the BBC, please try to watch it. One was on last night at 6pm here. Enjoy!

@Zenj It's so lovely to see birds close up. We have mostly crows or ravens. Neighbour suddenly has developed his liking for the birds and actually has been feeding them. Then his daughter took the cue and these big black birds are always hovering round here. Yesterday, I heard quite a few distressing calls - could be squirrels or bigger birds attacking eggs in amongst the giants trees at the back. Quite sad to hear them screaming alarms!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all..
Well...there wont be any spontaneous rampant bush or gorse fires starting around here anytime soon I can tell you :( @alp will be pleased to know lol

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
So do Salvias. Even here, they need protection. Chelsea is a bit of mis-match! Some square blocks remind me of James Basson's graveyard planting and some lego head .. Oh, dear! :cry::cry:

BigC You will like it a big garden filled sporadically with LUPINS! Your resourceful grandad would have loved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question