2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You're branching into HORSE keeping now!:eek::D

Good news, Barley!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all .....brrrrrr it's a nippy one isn't it
@alp, we have frost!!
Hope all goes well for Barley @Logan

Keep warmly wrapped up........... definitely a Thermal Undies wearing Thursday!!:LOL::LOL:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning folks.....Barley too :)
Feeling cold but prob 7 or 8 degrees out there really. Stiff wind.
3 weeks to go and its the shortest day....hey, hey! Then its a run in to the summer (y). (Hows that for optimism?)
Outside my kitchen window a large mahonia is still flowering, couple of cannas, a winter jasmine and others still giving some colour. Just shows we should never forget winter when we choose our plants (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ah.....it keeps the old brain cells ticking over thinking up these links @ alp!;)

Have a lovely day:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@Verdun......post a pic pleeeeeeeeease of your lovely stunning winter garden from your kitchen window........hint, hint....I have a thread;)(y)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all and thanks Upsy and Verdun.
Update on Barley, vet thinks it's nothing to worry about. The gum looks ok where the tooth was removed. Keep an eye on it and go back in 14 days. If it gets any worse go back before then. Yes I've had my thermals on when doing the walks but, have to take them back off after.
21st is shortest day, have to wait a fortnight before the days start getting longer.
When that happens we both have a little game taking note of the time the lamps start to go off when it gets light.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, would love to see your flowers, @Verdun

Strangely enough, Lavender is still flowering, the blue one in front and this white one
SAM_0391.JPG

I have no idea why this iris is having a bud now.

SAM_0384.JPG

I think this is a viburnum

SAM_0389.JPG

Have had it for 3 years. Only flowering this year.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp that lavender looks very tall, or is it the way you've took it. But it looks good.
The iris things that it's still summer.
The viburnum looks pretty.:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@alp that lavender looks very tall, or is it the way you've took it. But it looks good.
The iris things that it's still summer.
The viburnum looks pretty.:)

The white lavender is on a raised bed, left by the previous owner. A most ugly raised bed, with stones and cement as a dwarf wall. I really love this kind of ballerina like flower heads. A blue English lavender is still in flower near the busy road.

I am a bit worried the bud might snap. Funny thing is that I saw it this morning and the morning sun is right on this bud and it is planted next to a slab. One of these irises had seeds and I have planted them in soil. But I don't really know if they will germinate. These are from Kelways. I am annoyed as I think they have sent two of the same irises. There was no way that I bought 2 of the same thing, considering how expensive they were, even with promotion. I think it's totally amazing to see some iris buds this time of the year! What have you got flowering in your garden, Logan?

I am off to watch TV.. I love Medical Detectives.

Got another Mother in law's tongue .. I think I need 20 to save me and my son..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, Logan et al

It's not so cold as predicted, but there has been drizzles. Getting hot after a bit of house work.

Ask a Question