2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Make sure it's safe for him to leave door open like this though. My elderly deaf neighbour would leave his door open and sit with his back toward the door beyond the hall way in the kitchen. Anyone could walk in and he was so profoundly deaf that he wouldn't know. I had to tell my friend to tell his grandson/son to sort it out. It worried me even though I am not related to him. Very sad..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks @alp but it is only his back door and there isn't any access to his back garden, so he is quite safe :)(y) But you are quite right it is so worrying how some elderly people are so trusting .........sadly in this day and age that is now a thing of the past :(:(, you just can't take the risk:(

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning - all dark and miserable. I missed a parcel. The notice from Royal mail was stuck inside the letter box and yesterday's mail pushed the notice through. The parcel was sent on 1st December. What a nuisance. I hope it's not the trees...

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning - all dark and miserable. I missed a parcel. The notice from Royal mail was stuck inside the letter box and yesterday's mail pushed the notice through. The parcel was sent on 1st December. What a nuisance. I hope it's not the trees...
Good morning @alp oh dear,i hope it's not but, they could be still ok.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Me, too. I hope they are the bulbs from Farmer Gracie instead. Need to find out.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Only from Farmer Gracie 3 to 7 days, but not from Deacons' about the trees.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning.........finally, to busy nattering on the other threads this morning :D:ROFLMAO:

I'm sure they will be OK @ alp, will they redeliver or do you have to go and collect?

Mild again today:), we are just off to collect my Dad and visit Mum's grave as it's her birthday today....she would have been 87, she was only 75 when we lost her.....no age really by today's standards:(

Have a Soothing Sunday everyone:)(y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Guess what? It's only a router. Yorkshireman tempted me to upgrade to fibre optics without any extra charge. But still, after 6 months, I might have to pay month by month rental. I don't really care. I will try it for a year as the woman promised the line rental will be the same as ADSL. I will have to wait and see.

None of my parents lived to 70.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning to a new week. Woke up 2.35am and have been doing my laundry.. now onto the 2nd round. Don't want to hang the clothes out in such dire weather. How I miss the summer sunshine ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
What time are you walking your dog, Logan?

Ask a Question