2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning @alp hubby's going out this morning,he he. Might clean the concervatory. How's the decorating going on?. It's nice to still be able to go in the garden. There's always weeding to be done.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning folks :)
Cold here but prob not as cold as other places. Showers and sun too
Still have cannas in flower here so cant be that cold

Anyone know who won the recent best cheese in the world award?
Answer....little old Cornwall of course(y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Cornwall cheese! Ah, that's news to me? What's it called? Just Cornwall cheese?

I am waiting for the Parmesan cheese to come down in price. Nightmare, sphagetti doesn't taste the same without parmesan cheese and we had to use Chedder which is not the same.

@Zenji Yes, we're going to shiver ALL in freezing cold.. Can imagine how biting it must be your way.

Going to finish the wall papering, Logan. Lean to is now 9c.. So I will put out the candles and leave them for tonight's freeze .. Or I can place a whole fleece inside my lean to. Safer and cheaper!

Last night woke up 2.35am, thinking it was the gas pipes making the noise and I felt very hot at that point as well. Then I realised that it could be RATS or rodent:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.. Just google some life hacks to get rid of them. Peppermint and bay, baking soda and pepper corn.. What a nightmare.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its called Cornish Kern alp:). Made not too far from here.
Quite a few cornish cheeses...Cornish Yarg for example.

Prob not rats alp....our imaginations run amok at night time. Once my nephew's partner rang me about " a flapping noise in the walls". She says a mouse or a bird was trapped in there. I went over and traced the noise to an info flap on the back of her fridge. A dab of blu tak and, hey presto!, noise disappeared :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I will keep an eye out for the cheese, Verdun. Just tried to go out and get some bayleaves or hunt for the mint which rodents don't like. (I actually saw some faecal matters on the worktop), opened the lean to and it's raining:eek: one side of the house whilst the other side was blue (near London)! Think the rain has stopped. Very funny weather.

Hopefully, sunshine will still be here when we finish the wallpapering as I need to work more in the garden. It's a brighter day than yesterday.. Hope everybody enjoys the sunshine a bit before we are plunged into subzero ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning everyone.

Very tired today......just couldn't sleep for some reason. Went to bed as normal about 12;15,,,,,and was still wide awake at 4!!! Got up and made a fruit tea and did the crossword in my gardening mag and then started an online grocery shop for my Dad ( just so that I could book a Christmas delivery slot ;) ) Back to bed at 5:20.......finally must have drop off, but was woken at 6:30 by our alarm:( After jumping in the shower I still don't feel anymore awake!!

Have a friend over this morning for a pre Christmas catch up.......which I'm really looking forward to. So must go and work on hiding the bags under my eyes:D:ROFLMAO:

Have a Terrific Tuesday !!:)(y)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A smooth buttery taste with caramel infusions and a savoury aroma Logan. Limited stocks until next year :)

You tease alp ;). So far a mainly sunny day but the showers are heavy when they come.

Have you lagged your outside taps folks? Essential if you live in a cold area:unsure:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
A smooth buttery taste with caramel infusions and a savoury aroma Logan. Limited stocks until next year :)

You tease alp ;). So far a mainly sunny day but the showers are heavy when they come.

Have you lagged your outside taps folks? Essential if you live in a cold area:unsure:
Yes we've got ours in the garage and still lagged it, thanks.

Caramel infusion? You're having us on.:)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Went out in the garden and planted the raspberry canes. I made a trench, because it's heavy soil i put stones in the bottom,put some compost on top, put them in and put the soil in
and put some more compost on top. Watered them in so the soil can get round the roots.
IMG_20171128_123637.jpg

There's 6 altogether. Had a robin Watching me looking for worms.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Logan, those are lovely looking canes! You'll have more raspberries than you will know what to do with (but I'm sure you'll figure something out ;)).
I picked a handful of green beans for dinner tonight, and picked more spinach and lettuces. I think our salad tonight will be spinach, cranberries, and toasted pecans.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I know what you mean when you say Logan will have more than what she can do with, @marlingardener ! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw her harvest. Hopefully, the harvests are staggered so that she and her hubby are constantly dripping with berries - all sorts! Not just raspberries. I have now collected a free incinerator which I will use to get some wood ash nearer to March.

Haven't done much. Can't stand up for long.. I have covered some plant with plastic dust sheet and it was making a lot of noise in the wind. It was so windy. I hope to see my amistad after this cold spell. Terrifying ..

Ask a Question