2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
That's a long thesis, @MaryMary ! I think I should sit out in the sun or in the sunlounge for 20 minutes .. Hehe! Reading the essay is just too painful.

Oh, :eek: I never meant anyone to read the whole thing! The link loads directly to a list of foods that have Vitamin D in them and a list of the percent of daily values found in each food. That was the part I thought would be helpful. (I've never had cod liver oil, but have heard of the horrors of it. :cautious: If you can supplement it with the foods you eat, why not? :D.)

MaryMary, you have your mum to thank for being such an avid reader and intelligent person.

Aah, you make me blush... :oops:
(My mom and dad both, in truth.)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You're a lucky girl, @MaryMary ! How many people can say they have two good parents ..:D

Fish oil is best taken from fish, but with the farmed "everything", we just can't be sure.

Good morning to all, raining in Essex. Mild 10c in the lean to. Planted all my erynthroniums and tulips .. cost me £9. Need to fast, again!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Morning @alp i had good parents.:)
Going to plant my raspberry canes today. It will be the only day that i can do it. It's going to get colder again. Have a good day.:)

My parents weren't bad either.. Dad sulked a bit when things didn't go his way. No alkies or chimneys .. or trippers :eek::D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
That's great :D
Oops Just broken my pyrex jug,fell out of the cubbard when i opened it.

Oh, dear! Hope your hubby has a discount code ... Like your cereal bowls! :D

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I used to have one glass jug. I prefer that to the plastic we're using now. Healthier ..

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, he joked and said that i could't brake a cereal bowl, Because Denby has a sale on,so i broke that instead.;).He'll probably get something off. Yes i've used plastic jugs, they get scratched and can't clean them very well. Especially when heating milk in them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all rather damp and dull here still cold but no frost today ,planted some tulip bulbs in pots yesterday probably flower in June here the garden is sodened at the moment so cannot do much.Have a lovely Monday all

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I have also planted the tulips and I wish I had bought the other one.. Yes, like you, zenji, everything in pots.. Can't wait to see the result.. Will my shrivelled pink erynthronium survive. Should have asked for a discount. Grrrrrrrrrrr ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all........what a gloomy start to the week..... breezy, grey and wet, the only good thing is that it's not as cold!

Going into town with my older sister for a mooch around.....and to break the bank by buying postage stamps for all our Xmas cards......that is going to be very painful:eek:

Just wish the weather was better but most of the time we will be undercover in the shopping centre.

@Logan ....just had a read back ...I didn't mean for my earlier post to read as it did....l meant it as that I fully sympathise with YOU as I have similar problems...and that it hard for others who have never gone through such experiences to fully grasp what you and I feel like. I wasn't suggesting that you didn't know how I feel at all. Didn't mean the offend....sorry:(

Have a lovely day despite it looking as if we are all in for a Murky Monday :)(y)

PS......I had absolutely brilliant parents......makes me wonder what our brood think of us!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
:eek::eek:..@alp you've just reminded me.......I've still got some remaining Tulip bulbs to plant....gosh must do that on Wednesday!!!

Must write up some reminder notes and annoy hubs and eldest son by sticking them....... everywhere!!!!!:D:ROFLMAO::D(y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I write my reminders on my arm.. I hope I'm not going to lose the arm.. Anything on paper will be lost.

Yes, go on, @Upsy Daisy ! Spoil yourself a bit. I did that yesterday so today I am fasting starting with porridge oats.

@Upsy Daisy - Are you suggesting that you and Logan are the specially chosen few - privy to pain AI language? Hehe! I can speak pain AI language, too! Don't exclude me! :cry:

Ask a Question