2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
40 and thereabout. Tell you this: Half an hour ago. I typed the following

I am not going to get any cat or dog. I saw a docu-crime episode yesterday in which two lecturers (one army one) had loads of cats and dogs and their foods and vet bilsl push them into debts. The woman is addicted to painkillers whilst the man collects child p orn on computer. One night, an argument flared up and the the woman says the man kills himself as she called the 911 wanting to expose him and he tells 911 operator the he's trying to remove all the guns. In the end, man discovered dead with the gun 5 feet away. The woman served 10 months and gets sent back to Scotland.

Whilst I was typing this on Chrome browser, I noticed random words got highlighted and sometimes the whole message was selected (twice) and the post was actually POSTED!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:!

Son said that he would remove Chrome altogether and that was not my first experience of being hacked on Chrome. He switched off the laptop and upon restart, he removed chrome and I am going to have a new thread about being hacked on the internet.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
:eek::eek::eek::eek:! The man in the browser actually posted this on the weather thread! I didn't post it. Some random words were highlighted, and the whole reply selected twice and it was potsed without MY INPUT!

I have deleted my chrome browser and I am going to set up my email somewhere else.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
That's a good size TV.Oh dear.I use Firefox for the internet. Don't get any problems. I've got chrome aswell, but hardly use it. It doesn't do anything in the background.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning!!!

I'm like you @Logan .....usually now go for an 8 , depending on style. This has only been since my first foot fusion surgery 6 years ago, and now of course having had the other foot fused a year ago. Not that the actual size has changed .....just a case of style, and how easy it is to get unbendable joints into the shoe . I'm 5ft 7 and hubs is only 5ft 9....but all our kids are tall eldest is 6ft 4 , middlle one is 6ft 1 and youngest is 6ft 3.

Beautiful sunny day down here......but nippy. Hope to write my Xmas cards at some point , a bit late this year as I normally get them done in Sept. Like to get them in the post at the begining of Dec.(y)

Little sis drove down yesterday afternoon to stay with my dad for a couple of days.......so thrilled that she
is gradually getting her life back on track, First time she has been able to drive down here in 6mths!!!!:):):):)(y)

Have a Super Sunny Sunday everyone.......but wrap up warm:)(y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks @Verdun and @Logan :):)

I'm fine thanks @Logan..not achy at all at the moment ( says she touching wood:D) My shoulder is also not bad ( although not exactly pain free ) after having the steroid injections last week. Not too sure if I will get the full range of movement back though...seeing consultant in December so we will see.
Thanks for your concern @Logan....but I muddle through just fine, like everyone have good and not so good days..but on the whole life is very kind to me:)
Yes I am sooooo very happy for my baby sis..she and a friend have booked a weeks holiday at a health place down @Verdun 's way next month....it will do her a world of good!
Then we will all enjoy the Xmas hols together.... only blip to complete happiness is that I wish baby brother's health could be improved.....next year maybe(y)

Hope you and yours are all doing well and that your ' problem' is either easing or getting the appropriate treatment...as I said before I have the same issues off and on, and unless you have experienced it then it's not fully appreciated just how painful and utterly dehabilitating it becomes . Take care.:)(y)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @MaryMary how are you.
@Upsy Daisy Glad that your very positive about it.Yes you're right i don't know how you feel. No my 'problem' hasn't gone away, I've got a slight prolapsed bladder. Even though i haven't got a urine infection antibiotics help, but i don't want to be on them all the time. I could go down the root and have surgery, but i don't want that yet. Like you some days i feel ok. At the moment I'm trying pelvic floor exercises,it will take a few months to notice any difference. The boys are ok thanks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Wow thanks for the link @MaryMary , read some of it already very informative......will read the rest after dinner (y):) I started taking cod liver oil with added vitamins a fortnight ago and have to admit I'm feeling pretty good at the moment ...not sure if it's just coincidence though ;) Hoping all is OK with you :)

Keeping my fingers crossed that it will work out well for you @Logan (y):)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @MaryMary how are you.
@Upsy Daisy Glad that your very positive about it.Yes you're right i don't know how you feel. No my 'problem' hasn't gone away, I've got a slight prolapsed bladder. Even though i haven't got a urine infection antibiotics help, but i don't want to be on them all the time. I could go down the root and have surgery, but i don't want that yet. Like you some days i feel ok. At the moment I'm trying pelvic floor exercises,it will take a few months to notice any difference. The boys are ok thanks.

Exercise is the best, Logan. @Upsy Daisy will confirm that. I sit in front of the TV and swing my feet clockwise and then anti-clockwise. I do the laziest of the exercises, but the pain is a bit reduced. The worst of course is when I get up from the chair. I am so pleased with myself for seeing this bit of improvement.

@Upsy Daisy All these fusion surgeries sound so frightening. I feel so sorry for you and you have a big, BIG, family to look after. Glad that your little sis is with your dad.. relieve you a bit of the familial pressure.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
That's a long thesis, @MaryMary ! I think I should sit out in the sun or in the sunlounge for 20 minutes .. Hehe! Reading the essay is just too painful. MaryMary, you have your mum to thank for being such an avid reader and intelligent person.

I was so bored with going to diy stores that I suggested going to Wyevale where I had some shocks.. An Worcester pearman (sp?) apple tree is about £39.99 and there was a big 50% off, so it worked out £20.. My heart sank. So I just feasted my eyes on all the products/plants we don't normally see in other stores. A packet of 25 daff bulbs £8 and with half price it's £4. But the point is that those are run-of-the-mill bulbs. Nothing special about them.

On a whim, we went to Summerhill. Shocked that there was a long queue going into the store and there was a new entrance. It's as if the whole of Billericay was there. The store have been partitioned and we have various compartments selling Christmasy stuff - lights, plants, tinsels and what not. The usually open plan store was full of narrow alleys.. A 13cm pot of streptocarpus had the price tag of £12.99. There was a steaming jacuzzi in the jacuzzi store with various different ones on display .. Amazing how well they were doing.

I bought a unique(?) tulip Persian pearl, one pink erynthronium (with 2 dying bulbs inside) and a Yellow erynthronium called pagoda. I hope they live.. but not optimistic about the pink ones. Too small, too dry, but I am desperate to have them.

Ask a Question