2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all, looks set to be a lovely day.:)

Sadly I'm in the middle of a bad arthritis flare up.....never had one come on quite as sudden or servere before. My whole spine is locked and feels like there is a steel rod running throughout its length and both hips are grumbling away too, and to add to matters my recently operated on foot is giving me trouble.........going to look on eBay for a new body:D:ROFLMAO:

So .... yet again I think my poor tulips will have to wait to be planted out!

We have absolutely no streetlights at all.......so its gets very dark and spooky here.........not even keen to go to the rubbish bins went it's dark:eek:......not that anything has ever happened:) But it gets pitch black and as we are surrounded by trees........things move!!!!!

Have a Fruitful Friday everyone:)(y)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Hope you feel better soon Upsy Daisy. I understand a bit of what you go through, one of my sisters has suffered with rheumatoid arthritis for decades now.

P1050095.JPG
P1050092.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I must say tulips are more interesting than daffs! (y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
going to look on eBay for a new body:D:ROFLMAO:

Really love your humour! Shall we shop together? LOL! Nothing funny at all. Knee cap locks up all the time. Terrible moan, but pain is really nothing funny.. Glad that you keep your sense of humour.. RA is seriously painful. Hope your sis has the right medications.

Thank heavens we have @johnny canoe 's cuties birds to cheer me up. I always go Whoooooa! and cackle.. I love birds. Mother in law used to say my son had competition. Such fantastic close ups.. The closest encounters we have had were feeding nectar to parakeets in Woburn Abbey ..and the birds were very aggressive and noisy, not demure like these ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@johnny canoe is that a black squirrel in your first pic? I've heard that there are quite a few in the Calgary area......all are suppose to be descendants from those that escaped from a zoo during a flood many years ago.....or so I have been told:);)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
We had our first duck of the season on the pond this morning--a grebe! Since the Cornell Lab Bird Count starts tomorrow, we were seriously considering netting the duck and then letting him/her go tomorrow so we could count a duck on our pond (a practice frowned on in ornithological circles).
And on a more serious note, after twisting my knee and being on crutches for two days, I have the utmost admiration for those who are in pain and suffer constant discomfort. You are truly strong people, and the fact that you retain your sense of humor and still garden is amazing. My gardening hat is off to you!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@johnny canoe Now I can see the black squirrel! Amazing. We don't have that here. Are those two birds the same or different. One has got a long tail and the other got a reddish belly.. So pretty.. I wish I could feed them like that! I am turning into a parrot! LOL!

The consultant told me that I was too young for knee replacement and that those who have it won't be able to flex their knee. So he discharge me as I didn't go to the physio. I will go on the bike.. anything for self-help.

Ask a Question