2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I love grebe, @marlingardener . They are such handsome birds. My camera wasn't good enough to capture them though.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Upsy, since you asked, I stepped in an armadillo hole, fell sideways, and ended up with a very sore, swollen knee. I'm back to normal now, but I have a grudge against armadilloes. The next little armored leprosy carrying varmint that gets in my way will be a very sorry 'dillo!
Thank you Logan for the good wishes. I'm fine now and will be much more careful where I step!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@johnny canoe Now I can see the black squirrel! Amazing. We don't have that here. Are those two birds the same or different. One has got a long tail and the other got a reddish belly.. So pretty.. I wish I could feed them like that! I am turning into a parrot! LOL!

The consultant told me that I was too young for knee replacement and that those who have it won't be able to flex their knee. So he discharge me as I didn't go to the physio. I will go on the bike.. anything for self-help.
OH i see. Can't you go back for some physio?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
but I have a grudge against armadilloes. The next little armored leprosy carrying varmint that gets in my way will be a very sorry 'dillo!

"Ah, sorry!:cry:", said little armadillo... , "Didn't mean to hurt you, but we're encroaching upon each other's territory!"

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
'Dillos dig where ever and when ever they want. Usually they stay out of our gardens and concentrate on the lawn while hunting for grubs, worms, etc. This hole was just outside the water cube, and while filling the hens' waterer, I managed to step in the hole. I really must be more observant:cautious:.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
'Dillos dig where ever and when ever they want. Usually they stay out of our gardens and concentrate on the lawn while hunting for grubs, worms, etc. This hole was just outside the water cube, and while filling the hens' waterer, I managed to step in the hole. I really must be more observant:cautious:.

Can you stop them digging in your garden? You should be able to live without worry.. Are there any anti dillo sprays or powders available to train them to build their holes somewhere else. Their spikes are no laughing matter and the US is a big country, enough to house dillos and humans..

Make sure you don't fall again please.. and that's what I say to myself every day. Falls are no laughing matters, especially when you had to be on crutches..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning, raining outside. A big relief for me. Proper rain .. Washed most of my bugged stretptocarpus yesterday, planted out some more hellebores.. and repotted some salvias. I wish I had sown the seeds in early summer.. :cry::cry: Now they are covered with fluffy white stuff. Not a good sign ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all ,damp here too although not raining now.

Just watched a video clip about armadillos.....strange but very cute looking creatures with their amoured outer shell!!

Sorry to hear about your seedlings @alp, does sound like powdery mildew. What did you sow?

Looks like we are all in for a Soggy Saturday......the gardens will at least enjoy themselves :D

Ask a Question