2: Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
We went for a walk along the beach at Whitley bay this afternoon cold but enjoyed blew the cobwebs away

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Nice walk. The sand is lovely.. A proper sandy beach. Wish I live on that island with the lighthouse... Lovely view..

Good way to escape the din and disruption, @Zenji !

mg guy

lawn and garden freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
just got a box of 50 bulbs (Asiatic lily.) from the John Scheeper company, now just hoping for enough weather window to get them in!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@mg guy I scaled all my lily bulbs - tree lilies, Asiatic lilies, and double lilies, starglazers and they are now all in pots somewhere in the garden. So easy to do..The bulblets flowered the first year if you catch them early enough..

Zenji's pink double still tugging at my heart's string, but so expensive to buy and have to pay p&p for one item is just not fair economy. Farmer Gracie is staring at me every time I open my email..

Good morning ..Time to think seriously about erynthroniums and imperalis.. I need to return my newly bought socks to squeeze my pennies for more plants.. LOL!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
This is the time of year when we're always reporting Street lamps that are faulty, when we've been walking the boys. A lot of them are ones that go off at midnight.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
This is the time of year when we're always reporting Street lamps that are faulty, when we've been walking the boys. A lot of them are ones that go off at midnight.

Good idea .. for people's safety now that the light level is getting lower. Here, we have light outside and at the back..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpeg
Morning all nice and bright here but cold ,missed the boat on a double tulip I fancied no stock left drooling over it scent too to boot.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Well, there is always next year... That's what I said to myself when I missed the boat.. I am definitely going to get more frilly edged tulip. Now I have white, pink and yellow.. I am happy. Double tulips are nice, but they tend to fall wayside because of the weight. I have got the red/white ones and they are standing firm, but a bit short, but a bit to busy for my liking.

I must say Farmer Gracie has one lovely combo, but to pay for postage for one item is a bit of a headache. Need to go to Wilko to see if they have any imperalis.. I might be too late.. :cry:

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Good idea .. for people's safety now that the light level is getting lower. Here, we have light outside and at the back..
Yes, we've got 1 just in front of our house, which stays on, but 2 up the close that gets turned off. They come back on at 6am. The ones that go off at midnight,if they go faulty we don't report them.

Ask a Question