Your wishes for the New Year

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
What are your wishes for the New Year 2018?

What are your wishes for your garden, your family and yourself?

What are your wishes for various problems in your country, in the world?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I hope for 2018 to be better, worldwide.
I hope our vegetable gardens continue to produce, that I can get out there and weed, and that my husband will continue to take care of all he does.
I hope 2018 sees an end to the divides and hatred in our country, but I truly feel it is a futile hope. For the world, more peace, fewer refugees, and no famine.

Alp, that is a most thought provoking post. Thank you.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Wish there were no religions, no races, no sociology, no gender arguments ..no sexism, no bigotry, no drugs, no violence, no idolatry, no history, no greediness..

Might have missed some...

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Wish there were no religions, no races, no sociology, no gender arguments ..no sexism, no bigotry, no drugs, no violence, no idolatry, no history, no greediness..

Might have missed some...

Definitely agree with you alp on no religions. (y) No sport; no BBC News and no weather forecasts; any more?

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Definitely agree with you alp on no religions. (y) No sport; no BBC News and no weather forecasts; any more?

Kind regards, Colin.

Now, you're getting carried away! :eek::LOL:

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
:( I think my hopes and wishes are too far-reaching and therefore unattainable. (World peace; an end to hatred and violence. An end to world hunger, and clean drinking water for all. An end to pollution and less of the planet being covered in concrete.)

I'll try to keep it simple.

I hope that my friends and family enjoy good health for the year. (I don't care if they catch a cold... just nothing serious.)

I hope that I get the job I'll be applying for next month.

I hope for a change in my country that means that people will quit yelling "Muslim!" at the Indian man that runs the corner gas station. :( Barring that, I hope that he doesn't really sell the store and quit working with the public.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Haha! I hope I can get the job I am applying for on Friday.. Not likely! I am already very depressed with looking at all the tutorials. The padding and margin are driving mad.

Do you know that most Indians are actually Catholic .. By shouting the m word just exposes how confused people are. It is as ridiculous as calling a Mongolian a Chinese .. The former absolutely would not enjoy that.

I too want world peace, no bigotry, no sexism, not phoney wars fought by big powers and no cyber hacking or fraud.. Children going back to play outside and talking to real people, education and ethics for all.

@MaryMary I really like your first para.. It says what I want to say .. and then some more!(y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Look at the latest image

4737A56000000578-5167317-image-a-76_1513002259229.jpg

What kind of mindset triggers this person to take such a desperate measure? He's only maiming the INNOCENTS! In the US, you are probably still being taught Thou shall not kill. I don't want religion to get in the way, but at least basic rights and wrongs should be taught.

Now even 10 year olds will be asked if they are comfortable in their own s ex! When I was 10, I was a total dumba**! Even now, I am half an a**!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
hat kind of mindset triggers this person to take such a desperate measure? He's only maiming the INNOCENTS! In the US, you are probably still being taught Thou shall not kill. I don't want religion to get in the way, but at least basic rights and wrongs should be taught.
human race without religion cause evil to prevail .

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Quick post before we get any further -
Religion and politics are largely taboo in most forums, so tread lightly, guys! :cautious:

I am not religious, but in a way, I believe Esther is right. I believe fear of "Judgement Day" is what keeps a lot of people from being more evil than they are already inclined to be. If there were no God always watching them, then it wouldn't matter what they do.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a bit existentialist on this. No, no religions for me. But I respect your opinions..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Happiness I think will cover it all personally. If you are happy you are content with your lot.:)

Generally, for people to appreciate what they have if they have good health and getting by; to not petty-moan and to realise so many are not as fortunate and give just a little more to those folk. For the fat cats to suddenly have a conscience and give up their obscene salaries; for politicians to speak the truth and not make matters worse by making big issues out of nothing thus making misery for so many. For the hypocritical Powers That Be to have a humanity transplant and actually do something about the pain and suffering masses of people are enduring.

Yep! That'll do (y)

Ask a Question