Your garden-specific wishes and plans

Reaction score
If you had the money, space, and know-how, what would you do with your garden?

One of these days, I would really like to rig up sensors for moisture in the soil, and an automated system to irrigate them when they get too dry.

Reaction score
I want a conservatory. A big, glassed, heat and humidity controlled area when I can grow tropical plants and fruit trees. However, until we win the lottery, I would just settle for turning our deck into a screened in deck, so I can sit outside during the summer and enjoy my plants without becoming a blood donor to several million mosquitos.

Reaction score
I would want a garden that is something similar to what I imagined The Secret Garden would look like. I would want a pond or a fountain, or even a mini-pool in my garden. I would want fruit trees of very type. I would go big - I would want things to grow up in a rainbow colour, so when they produce fruit, I would have something like a red apple, than an orange, then a lemon tree, then some blueberry bushes, then some plums.

I would also want gardens that have a section just for greens. And I read on this forum that someone has a bee/wildlife area set up in their garden. I would want that. I would want it to remind me of Garden of the Worlds. I would also want a swing or something so I can go relax with the plants and inhale extra oxygen while reading a book or something.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
What a lovely thread:D I want an enormous rose garden with all kinds of gorgeous roses. It would be heavenly. I also want a big pond with singing frogs, a treehouse - the bigger, the better - and a few comfortable hammocks. And I want some jacarandas!:)

Reaction score
Well, I'm an apartment dweller. But if I had money and space for a garden, I would want a Japanese style garden with a koi pond , tall bamboo and a deer chaser fountain.

Reaction score
I would want a garden that is something similar to what I imagined The Secret Garden would look like. .

Oh, I've wanted a stone walled garden with a little door ever since I read that book when I was a kid. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Well, I'm an apartment dweller. But if I had money and space for a garden, I would want a Japanese style garden with a koi pond , tall bamboo and a deer chaser fountain.

I have heard that koi are very intelligent, and that they can actually come to know your voice, if you call them to hand feed them. And they will remember your voice for years if you go away, and when you come back they will recognise you. I don't know if that is true or not, but it sounds pretty cool. :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
If I had enough space, I would love my garden to look like this:

6813969209_029c8896b0_b.jpg

I would walk there and look at the beautiful roses. I'm sure that their scent is gorgeous:D

Reaction score
I actually have been thinking about this for a while. I want to revamp the garden.

It would serve three purposes: entertaining, provide plenty of blooms for flower arrangements and I would grow all the fruits and veggies I needed.

Entertainment- I think I would like wooden decking or stone paving, with an undercover area to barbecue.
Flower arrangements- Lilies, roses, long stemmed blooms and foliage that I can pick and not have to buy store bought flowers
Fruit and Veg- Is it just me or are the prices of vegetable ridiculous these days. I want to grow in such a way that I will always have fresh produce.

Anybody care to sponsor a young lass?

Reaction score
Oh, I've wanted a stone walled garden with a little door ever since I read that book when I was a kid. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

I have heard that koi are very intelligent, and that they can actually come to know your voice, if you call them to hand feed them. And they will remember your voice for years if you go away, and when you come back they will recognise you. I don't know if that is true or not, but it sounds pretty cool. :D

What a wonderful story. If they actually are that intelligent, that is really cool.
I think koi are so beautiful and I've seen some gorgeous photos of Japanese style gardens with koi ponds, so that's the type of look I would go for if I ever had a garden.

Jed

Reaction score
I need soon to replace my old 66 foot poly tunnel. It is well used and now looking sad after 24 years. In the early days it suffered from being squashed down by a pile of snow. I hadn't built it with so much weight in mind and it was resurrected but no longer had the height it had when built.
Another project I would undertake is to build a 6 foot high corrugated iron fence around an acre of land so I could plant out with nut, fruit trees and small fruits.
Being a metal fence those pesky possums wouldn't have a hope of scaling it. :mad:

Reaction score
without lottery dreams or similar, i'd like to keep going with what i have. if i could get it like i see it in my head, i think i'd be satisfied.

there's an above ground pool shell i'd like to make useable eventually

there's an upper deck i'd like to make useable (no gaurd rail or stairs up to it)

actually make the veggie garden. the spot is there, but i'm just not into it.

hope my fruit trees grow out for fruit as well as privacy. i keep saying about 5 more years and i should have it.

one more big water tank

finish gazebo and playfort

and in general flesh out the area with more decorative flowers and plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
There is another thing that I can't afford yet and dream of: a rooftop garden! I don't have a house, I don't even have my own apartment, but who knows what will happen in the future, right?:D If I won the lottery, I would build a gorgeous rooftop garden. Something like this would be wonderful:

Rooftop-Penthouse-Dream-Garden-in-New-York-City-8.jpg

Rooftop-Penthouse-Dream-Garden-in-New-York-City-7.jpg

Reaction score
There is another thing that I can't afford yet and dream of: a rooftop garden! I don't have a house, I don't even have my own apartment, but who knows what will happen in the future, right?:D If I won the lottery, I would build a gorgeous rooftop garden. Something like this would be wonderful:

Rooftop-Penthouse-Dream-Garden-in-New-York-City-8.jpg

Rooftop-Penthouse-Dream-Garden-in-New-York-City-7.jpg

That is gorgeous and I love the almost Asian feeling that it has. If I had a top floor apartment with a rooftop garden like this, I wouldn't need or want a full size house.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It looks very tidy, doesn't it? And really artistic at the same time. I'm so i love with this rooftop garden. If it was mine, I would sit there all the time, it's very possible that I would even sleep there, if only it was warm enough. It's breathtakingly beautiful.

Ask a Question