Your day apart from gardening

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I do use mine a lot to cook the veg and do jams, it just cuts down the time needed to cook the fruit.
My mother had one. I have thought about it. But with the two of us, and now I am retired, I am good at timing what I need to cook the old fashioned way. I steam veggies, takes few minutes. rarely we eat jams, jellies. Have enough Amish about with their jams to buy cheap. Its just the two of us, I struggle to get him to eat leftovers, do creative things with them to get MR. Skinny husband to eat them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I've redesigned the wall unit as now there's no TV in it.

I've made the wall box the central feature and the unit is now balanced, with the dividers equidistant from each other with an additional one. I had to get the additional Contiplas cut at a wood yard. No way can you do it with a hand or jig saw which is all I've got.
I've made some little cubby holes for "stuff," as there's no drawer space in this small room. They are below the folder shelves etc., which are now two each side.

P1040700.JPG

So everything is now up and running.

P1040705.JPG

I've given the wall box some more room as it's necessary to open the back, if I want to change the title cards (telephone directory). So now I can turn it round if needs be.
When used for the purpose for which it was designed, the back door would have been fixed to a bracket on a wall. When unlocked, the whole cabinet would swing open, so there's substantial hinges as it's very heavy. The chrome is completely unpitted, rare for an unrestored box. But in the unit it remains unseen.

P1040707.JPG

The little 6v lamps in the box look more impressive, if I just have my desk lamp on.

P1040706.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Our little town is having a Christmas street fun event, going to check it out. Suppose to have food trucks and gift stores open. not that I need any food or gifts. but will see what there is. If parking is a mess will just go on my other errands. Also wrapping some Christmas gifts for mailing next week.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I'm impressed with my Rotel, given that it must have been made sometime between 1967 and 1971.
What pleased me is that after an mp3 file on my laptop has been played and closed, there's no "hum" from the Rotel, it's silent, as any noise might indicate a capacitor failing due to age. There's a bit of background noise in the video from the fan on my laptop.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
How does it improve it?

It makes you aware of the fact that your driving is recorded as much as that of others, like lane discipline, how close you are to the car in front etc., well...it does for a while until you are no longer so conscious that you have one.

Ask a Question