Your day apart from gardening

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
my dash cam would be so boring, lots of country road driving to get places, no one about, sometime Amish buggies. some time a hay truck, or big wheel thing for the pastures. once in a while a car.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Had a tidy up behind the TV in the front room.

It looks OK from the front, but there's a mass of wires behind it feeding the kit I've got under it, a Virgin Tivo box, a Humax HDR recorder, a DVD/CD player and a VHS recorder/player, (I've still a lot of film noir on VHS)

P1040572.JPG

One of these 8 way multisockets behind it helps, but there's seven plug tops in it.

s-l1600.jpg

The problem is all the cable. Every bit of kit comes with a least three feet of cable or more on it.

So today, I shortened all the cables so they were just long enough to reach the plug socket tower and even that I took a couple of feet off the cable.
It did of course necessitate attaching all new plug tops aas the otiginal leads all had molded plugs which you can't take off.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I try to help out around the house, I really don't mind doing a bit of vacuuming.

But what annoys me are cables you have to move so they don't get caught up in the vac.

This is because quite often the sockets aren't near to where whatever you have is plugged in.

But there's a simple solution to get them off the floor.
You can buy plastic trunking with a snap on top and the back is self adhesive and you can cut it length with a tenon saw. It works out at less than £4 for 3 metres.
You just stick it to the skirting board. If you nead to move anything, the top of the trunking can be easily pulled off.

So I did this yesterday, in a few minutes.

Here, cables go in both directions.

P1040716.JPG

There's three cables in this.

P1040717.JPG

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
The next vacuum cleaner that I'll have is a cordless one. Mine is a Dyson and it's heavy to get up the stairs, i have a older one upstairs which was my mother in law's but that's old.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Cordless are very convenient. Hand held ones are great for doing the stairs, but they aren't as powerful as mains cleaners and sometimes you go to use them and you've forgotten to charge them after the last time you used them. I use a mains for the front room and a hand held one for the stairs, (they're "my jobs.")

Because of combination of her disability and her sheer determination to "do stuff on her own," my wife has "several vacuum cleaners." Depending on how she feels on any particular day, she chooses which she can manage best.

So there's five cordless vacuum cleaners from small to large and two mains cleaners in this cupboard under the stairs. one of which is the latest Shark that hair doesn't get wrapped around the brush.There's also a mains steam mop, for the kitchen's laminate floor.
I think there's a couple of them, (one down here and another upstairs) that are "out of favour," but we haven't got round to scrapping them or giving them away.

P1040719.JPG

As like many eomen of her age, she can't carry any of them upstairs, she keeps a mains and cordless cleaner in our box bedroom. There's also a mains carpet cleaner/steamer.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
I'd keep the ones that you don't use just in case, or unless your other half can't use them, hubby doesn't like throwing things away because he thinks that he might use them again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Today workmen are at my house, we are putting in new aluminum siding, in the front for now. later the back will get done. We noticed some rot under part of it on the wood panel part of the house. The house is 41 years old. So guess certain major things are on the way of being done. Fun. Just spend money. Did some mending this morning, and laundray

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Catching up on the washing because we have a few days of dry weather.

Last Saturday one of our dogs broke off one of his claws right up to the pad on his front leg, have to put a sock and 2 small food bags on tied with s stretch bandage when walking him and go on shorter walks. Spoke to the vet he was lucky that it wasn't hanging on.

Ask a Question