Yellowing Pumpkin VINES

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have kent pumpkin in a mound bed and we've had some very hot days on and off. The plants have been wilting early in the day but then come back to life in the evening. What concerns me is the yellowing VINE, not the leaves as such. Only two of the original leaves have yellowed at this stage. But the vines on one plant are yellow and so are the leaf stems, but not the leaves...

I wondered what this might be due to? Calcium absorbtion problem? Just the heat? Lack of water (though I water every AM thoroughly)? Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have kent pumpkin in a mound bed and we've had some very hot days on and off. The plants have been wilting early in the day but then come back to life in the evening. What concerns me is the yellowing VINE, not the leaves as such. Only two of the original leaves have yellowed at this stage. But the vines on one plant are yellow and so are the leaf stems, but not the leaves...

I wondered what this might be due to? Calcium absorbtion problem? Just the heat? Lack of water (though I water every AM thoroughly)? Any thoughts?
There is a fairly new disease among squash, melons and pumpkins. It seems to have started here in Texas about 20 years ago. There are a few university research papers on this disease and all agree that the squash bug is the vector. I hope I am wrong about this as the disease is fatal. Google Yellow Vine Disease.

Ask a Question