ficus triangularis leaf drop + curling, yellowing

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a 4 year old ficus triangularis. Recently, a lingering issue--which hasn't caused any issues in the past--has gotten worse. I have not moved it, and I maintain a very regular watering schedule, which I vary according to the season.

Leaves are curling and turning yellow. There are brown spots on the backs of some leaves. I've tried cutting back on water, and also watering more frequently. I have a soil meter to measure moisture, and the soil is usually dry in the top 2 inches. I've also flushed the soil because I thought it might be too acidic. It's not adjacent to any plants, and it lives next to a permanently shut window. So I'm not sure how pests might access it (so I'm assuming that's not the issue--but I could be mistaken).

I suspect something else is going on, but I have no idea how to troubleshoot this issue. Please advise.

Attachments

• IMG_5876.JPG
    IMG_5876.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5870.JPG
    IMG_5870.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5871.JPG
    IMG_5871.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5872.JPG
    IMG_5872.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 55
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Have you noticed any fine white hairs or webs on the backs of the leaves? They would be very small. If you do see them, consider getting a magnifying glass and looking for mites on the backs of the leaves. That's what it looks like to me, but you will have to be the judge.

Ask a Question