Pumpkin leaves yellowing and wilting

Reaction score
Country
India
352439DB-F0F2-43F0-AA48-C242824DBDCF.jpeg
04BA42ED-9836-4782-993C-8D569249DDB4.jpeg
Hi.. I have a pumpkin plant which has grown well and has even reached flowering stage. However in these past few days the some of leaves seem to be yellowing and today all the leaves appear droopy. What should I do ?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, and welcome to the Forums.

I presume you tried watering the plant and it did not perk up. If it doesn't respond to water, then there is some type of wilt or rot disease involved. If sthe whole plant is wilting from disease, then it is probably too late to save this plant. What you want to do now is dispose of the plant so that it won't infect any other plants. The soil in the container is also like to be infected and should be composted or at least left fallow. If you do want to reuse the soil, use it to grow a plant that is not related to pumpkins or squash (Cucurbita spp.) or anything else in the Squash Family (Cucurbitaceae).

Reaction score
Country
India
Oh ok... There are two pumkin plants growing in the container
... The other doesn't look affected. Should I dispose that too?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I wouldn't. If it looks healthy, let it grow. Perhaps the two plants were competing for resources in the container. One plant might do better than two.

Ask a Question