Worried about Ficus, any good lighting tips?

Kiz

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all! First time poster here.
I just moved and my 35 year old
Ficus that I inherited had a bit of a traumatic experience in the truck. I am worried about her health, seems to be declining pretty fast.
The leaves are shedding like crazy, I water when the top gets dry but still seeing yellow. Also, what kind of light should I be exposing this plant to? I have nice shades pictured below, open or closed shades? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 82
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It's doing what Ficus do-- if you change the light or location, they drop a lot of leaves especially if it's from bright to darker. Put it in the brightest place you possibly can, expect leaves to drop, and keep moist not soggy. Open the blinds for more light.

Kiz

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's doing what Ficus do-- if you change the light or location, they drop a lot of leaves especially if it's from bright to darker. Put it in the brightest place you possibly can, expect leaves to drop, and keep moist not soggy. Open the blinds for more light.
Thank you! I was nervous about giving direct sunlight with the blinds open but can definitely make it brighter in here. Would it not be the best time to re-pot given the current stress levels?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
No don't re-pot it at the moment Kiz it will add to it's stress. You might like to read this other thread which I've posted on.

Ask a Question