When the travel bug bites you

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Did they Judge it along with the other Corvettes?

I Judged cars one time at a show.

Back then they made cars.

Use to be a Drag Strip just South of there in Ozark. Use to run Dirt Track.

big rockpile
It is not and all corvette show. there were over 3,000 cars. She got the top trophy.
We also have a drag car.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
And again, in the process of getting ready for our trip. We leave on Sunday, July 30th to Louiseville, KY with our show car. Added an extra day ahead to be at the host hotel when I heard that the car show gets over 10 Thousand cars. So the extra day will give us time to scope out the area. Enroute a good friend of mine will meet up with us in Mason, Ohio for dinner, she lives in Covington, KY. And while in Louiseville, Ky two cousins of mine are coming up for the show, staying 3 days, fun. Enroute back, we plan on 3 days in Pittsburgh to see sights, and additional cousins from that area will be meeting up. Should be fun. Just hope not too hot in KY.

Mid -August we travel again down to New Bern, NC to stay at our Airbnb, checking it out. See how the cleaners have done, doing a few tasks, taking stuff with us. I heard it will be hot then, hate that.

Have my faithful cat guy helping and also another neighbor stops by for a few tasks, I have both of them watering pots etc. And we do have a house alarm system on, so not to worry. And lots of timer lights.

September we have another trip planned, Going to Kalamazoo, MI, for a car show, then swinging back driving from there to Vermont for another car show, Enroute, in Cleveland, have a cousin to meet up with, then driving through Buffalo a meet up with another friend.

And hopefully that will be it for the year ---with the car anyway. BTW, anyone into car shows, would love a meet up. You can find my car on her own facebook at Sasha Show Car Public, or Sasha Show Car.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
You will like the drive northern Vermont and New York.

big rockpile
Thanks. Did look like an interesting route. 2 years ago we went up to Vermont, for another car show. Took some extra time and explored the Champlain islands, lovely. Vermont is a pretty state. On the way back this time looks like I am going to explore Kingston, NY, seems there are interesting things there, spend 2-3 days there.

When in Vermont last time, they made mention that the Canadian cars were not attending because of the virus. Guess this year they will.

And last summer, a car show in Canada contacted us to bring our car up, they would pay for everything, hotels, etc. and make it the feature car. After research, seemed that the "virus" issue was still not resolved, so the risk of not getting out or getting back could have happened. So we said no. This year too busy with other car shows to revisit that invite. Maybe next year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
BTW, anyone wanting to take a holiday to New Bern, North Carolina, remember we have a lovely airbnb, water views frdom the deck, your own private deck , sit out by the water. go fishing, boating etc. 3 bedroom 2 bath, gaited community, very safe. The town, is very historic, good restaurants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Yes, we got back safe and sound from Louiseville, KY, car show and had time to see some historic sights. Then traveling East toward home, stopped in Pittsburgh, for 3 nights, to see sights of Pittsburgh. Home for a week, we are off to New Bern, NC to our Airbnb, to see what is up with it, how managment has cared for it, etc. Meanwhile my garden is a jungle, see how much I can attend to for this week coming. Next car show trip in September. Then planning a trip in October.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
We were in New Bern, NC at our Airbnb just a few days ago, doing some work there. adding more things ect. Home now for 10 days, then off to Kalamazoo, MI, and Vermont. Last two car shows of the year. TG. Hope to just watch the leaves fall in October. But, still have a week to go somewhere using a timeshare, have not decided where yet, the stress is nuts.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Friend of mine gives me her Wine Spectator mag. one of the issues breaks down their restaurant selections all over the world. I keep only that issues in our tow car, neat to find an interesting restaurant in our travels. Yummy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
We finally got back after away for 20 days. tired. Got to see lots of friends and family. Our car won an award, One of 4 top cars of all the entries.
award.jpg

Ask a Question