When the travel bug bites you

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
we plan to be at a few car shows with our Sasha. So if anyone lives near etc. Come on over and meet up.
Sasha's dance card is filling up: she will be at
Knoxville, Tennessee May 5, 6, 7.
Springfield, Missouri May 26, 27, 28.
York, PA June 2,3,4.
Louisville, Kentucky August 3,4,5,6.
Kalamazoo, Michigan September 8, 9, 10.
Burlington, Vermont September 15, 16,17.
All above are with the National Street Rod Association.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I am immuno supressed and have no desire to travel in airplanes, I am the demographic that dies from covid. She goes with travel groups, not entirely on her own. Last year was her first since the pandemic, she went to Sri Lanka. Before that she has been to Kenya, Uganda; Thailand Laos and Cambodia; and up through South America, Chile, Peru, Bolivia.
The groups she travels with are Exodus and Explore.
Sorry Esther, just found this, I didn't hit 'Post reply'

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Yes, I am immuno supressed and have no desire to travel in airplanes, I am the demographic that dies from covid. She goes with travel groups, not entirely on her own. Last year was her first since the pandemic, she went to Sri Lanka. Before that she has been to Kenya, Uganda; Thailand Laos and Cambodia; and up through South America, Chile, Peru, Bolivia.
The groups she travels with are Exodus and Explore.
Sorry Esther, just found this, I didn't hit 'Post reply'
Sounds awesome the trips for your wife. Yes, that first year of covid held me back some, it was the first year of retirement, but my area has a lot to see and we went to many states with our show car. My last bucket list is Nova Scotia, I think they have finally opened up more. But, for now my next trip "for me" will be to Maine, to see the Bay of Fundy and some whales. Have to squeeze that trip between two car shows, so June looks like that will be the time period. Just found out I have a class reunion in Ohio in July so have to organize that trip, and will visit several cousins when I am there. There is also a favorite Jewish deli I so miss, will be having a good lunch there, its the only thing I miss in Ohio, LOL.
Oliver, I hope your taking lots of zinc, Vitamin D3 and popping some vitamin C to help your immune system.
I will have to check out your wife's travel groups. Used Lindblad when I went to Alaska. And then GET when I went to Scotland, they were a little disorganized. But for the most part I don't mind touring by my-self, find it much easier actually.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Exodus is more adventurous, Explore more hotels. Exodus ran a converted lorry that started in Nepal and did a round trip down one coast of India and back up the other; I don't know if they have started again post covid.
I take vit. C, I spend most of my day out in the garden so plenty of vit. D. naturally and good exercise.
I was forgetting, Jane went on a short trip to Madeira last year as well, brought me back some tomato and bean seeds :) The tomatoes are about four inches high now, RAF, a French bred beefsteak.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Soon we leave for our first car show of the year, May 2. We have had a stressful week, the battery in the car is dead. And of course its a "special" battery, and hidden in a "special " place. Even a trip to New York to acquire the "right" battery did not work. Finally the right one arrived on Monday, it is now installed, and husband can take it out of the trailer, and complete the screwing in of all the panels to hide the thing. Just making memories.
This trip is to Knoxville, Tenn. we are planning a few sight seeing stops along the way. The calculations are driving time, he can only drive 5 hours maximum for safety. so finding the appropriate hotel etc along the way that has parking room for truck and trailer is fun. we get back on May 10.
While in Knoxville my cousins --only live one hour away---will be meeting us up there to sit a spell with us and chat. Usually decent food trucks etc. but packing beer and water .

and now working also on the next trip, planning, hotels, driving time, etc. that one is to Missouri, will be a 18 hour one way trip. Lots of fun.
Later.

Reaction score
Country
United States
When you have one foot in the grave people figure you should travel.

big rockpile

20230327_092128.jpg
20230327_072539.jpg

Attachments

• 20230326_192410.jpg
    20230326_192410.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230326_152442.jpg
    20230326_152442.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230323_154122.jpg
    20230323_154122.jpg
    481.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220612_132514.jpg
    20220612_132514.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220611_133927.jpg
    20220611_133927.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
We are heading to Springfield , MO , we will be there on May 25, 26, 27, 28. at the car show there. If anyone local come find me. We have Sasha our show car. If you really want to find me, message me, and I will give you my cell number, so you can find me among all the cars there. Planning some stop overs on the way. Leaving May 20 for some sightseeing along the way ---- Wheeling, WV, and Bardtown, KY, then St. Louis, MO, then finally Springfield, MO. Or --if I do not respond to your message, you can message me on the car's facebook, titled, Sasha Show Car Public. take care.

Reaction score
Country
United States
We are heading to Springfield , MO , we will be there on May 25, 26, 27, 28. at the car show there. If anyone local come find me. We have Sasha our show car. If you really want to find me, message me, and I will give you my cell number, so you can find me among all the cars there. Planning some stop overs on the way. Leaving May 20 for some sightseeing along the way ---- Wheeling, WV, and Bardtown, KY, then St. Louis, MO, then finally Springfield, MO. Or --if I do not respond to your message, you can message me on the car's facebook, titled, Sasha Show Car Public. take care.
Go to Springfield all the time we live in Lebanon by Bennett Springs.

Traveling we went over on East Coast, then we went to Hot Springs and Cocodrie, LA.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh we went one time through Kentucky, W. Virginia, Ohio, Virginia, N. Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas and back to Missouri. About 3,000 miles.

Month ago went to Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and back to Missouri. About the same distance.

Me and my wife use to drive OTR but didn't get to slow down and enjoy.

I'm not allowed to drive anymore. We have a Cabin at Warsaw on Truman Lake.

big rockpile

Ask a Question