When do i water vegetable and herb plants?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
This is my first time growing any vegetables and herbs and everything is going good so far. My question is when do I actually water my seedlings when they have sprouted?
Currently I’m just spraying top of soil with spray bottle.
i have strawberries, mint, catnip, chamomile. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 62
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You need to keep your seedlings damp but not waterlogged. I put my new seedlings in a shallow tray and give them water from the base. As soon as they have taken up enough moisture to show on the top of the compost they come out of the water.
This method protects the little seedlings. If they have too much water they are liable to damp off.
The spray bottle is probably not sufficient. As you progress with your growing it will become second nature. Good luck, and welcome to the forum :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
This is my first time growing any vegetables and herbs and everything is going good so far. My question is when do I actually water my seedlings when they have sprouted?
Currently I’m just spraying top of soil with spray bottle.
i have strawberries, mint, catnip, chamomile. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
If you do not stop spraying just the surface, it is extremely likely that you will end up with a BAAAAAADDD fungal infection.
This happens when the leaves are wet but the growing medium is dry.

Water with a watering can or jug until run-off, once a week.

Ask a Question