What's your weather like right NOW?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Taste of fall here! 47F this morning and drizzle, high in the low 60s. My furnace even kicked on, briefly.
We are predicted to get an "Indian summer" but I think I will be putting my vegetable garden to bed within the next few weeks. This morning for the first time in yonks I put on a sweatshirt on the way to work.
Haven't seen any trees turning yet (fall color is a thing here) but the sumac is starting to change color. Also I put my annual petunia baskets out to the trash, because they were looking a bit sad.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It is sweater time. Tomorrows !ows in the 60's with highs in the mid 80's. Goosebumps a!ready

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It is sweater time. Tomorrows !ows in the 60's with highs in the mid 80's. Goosebumps a!ready

Heh. You funny. :D
Really, it's all about perspective, isn't it? To me, sweater time is in the 40s, maybe. Mid to high 80s I am just hating life. :p
Talk to me in February when it is 20-plus below, though. By then I am utterly over extreme cold and the accompanying inconveiences (15 extra minutes every morning to scrape the vehicles, shoveling snow, chipping ice, white-knuckle winter driving, sky-high Consumers' bills, etc) and begging for warmer weather. Then when it comes I complain about it LOL.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
There's something to be said for living in a climate like mine on the island Chuck and Beth. :) Yes, it may be damp a lot of the time and summer temperatures aren't great but winters are mild on the whole with few days getting below freezing point. The only pests in my garden are the neighbourhood cats and slugs and snails which disappear during the winter months.

Today, here in southern Scotland it has been raining on and off with a few glimpses of sunshine and although the maximum temperature has been 16C/61F it felt warm.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Right now it is 60 something degrees outside with clouds and wind. Pretty cold outside, but I was able to bust out a couple new jackets I bought for this fall season. I really hope we don't have a terrible winter this year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Although it's been sunny today there is a lot of cloud around too. There's also a definite autumn chill in the air now with a maximum temperature of 14C/57F. Overnight temperatures have also dropped, we're promised 8C/46F tonight. I don't think the last of my tomatoes in the greenhouse are going to ripen so I'll have to bring them inside.

Ask a Question