What's your most impressive gardening feat?

Reaction score
I'm proud of how much I expanded my garden this year and the fact that I did 90% of it on my own. New raised beds built, added the pop up greenhouse (that I put up myself), an 8 foot long 6 foot tall arbor (I designed and built myself). Over 800 lbs of soil, compost etc I laid myself. Only help I had was my husband helping me get supplies home.. once they were there its been all me. The plants are thriving, the structures are sound.. its been a great season so far. Already looking at expansion for next season.
That sounds like an amazing garden project that you've had going! I don't suppose you have any photos of it at all, do you?

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I amazed my self by taking a portion of the root ball of a rose bush and got it to grow and produce roses. At the time I did the transplant I was not sure if the plant would grow.

Reaction score
I amazed my self by taking a portion of the root ball of a rose bush and got it to grow and produce roses. At the time I did the transplant I was not sure if the plant would grow.
How on earth did you manage that one?

Reaction score
I used to fertilize them regularly, but now I don't do this, because I don't want to overwater them again. The soil in their pots needs to dry a little.
Will you grow miniature roses in your new place?:)

Oh ok, better be safe than sorry! I'm not a big fan of chemicals, so I might go organic all the way from edibles to ornamental in the future. What about you? I plan to grow many of them :D As many colors and varieties as possible :) Not sure about a big rosebush tho, they're so tricky! I like roses with few spines :) There are so many awesome rose varieties out there. Some of them bloom beautifully! Do you think the average sized roses come in more colors than the miniature roses? I had just 3 miniature roses: light pink, dark pink and white. I have sen orange and red ones, but that's it. Are there more colors?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh ok, better be safe than sorry! I'm not a big fan of chemicals, so I might go organic all the way from edibles to ornamental in the future. What about you? I plan to grow many of them :D As many colors and varieties as possible :) Not sure about a big rosebush tho, they're so tricky! I like roses with few spines :) There are so many awesome rose varieties out there. Some of them bloom beautifully! Do you think the average sized roses come in more colors than the miniature roses? I had just 3 miniature roses: light pink, dark pink and white. I have sen orange and red ones, but that's it. Are there more colors?
Miniature roses come in many different colors:) I had one with two-colored flowers and a bright yellow one. They were the most unique miniatures I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I drowned them both:( Right now I have red, dark red, white, light pink and fuchsia.
I'm not a big fan of non-organic fertilizers either, I never use them on my vegetables, but they work great for my roses.

Reaction score
Oh sorry to hear that! It has happened to me with plants really liked :( Some of my fav and most unique plants died on me! But I got some replacements back then. Don't worry, I'm sure you will be able to find equally beautiful roses :)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
How on earth did you manage that one?

It really wasn't hard I just planted the root ball, it had been cut from the mother plant when the grass was cut, watered it a lot because roses need a lot of water, I also give my plants coffee grinds and tea leaf soup. The plant has been growing now about 6 yrs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh sorry to hear that! It has happened to me with plants really liked :( Some of my fav and most unique plants died on me! But I got some replacements back then. Don't worry, I'm sure you will be able to find equally beautiful roses :)
I hope so too. Right now, my window sill looks rather sad, almost like it was winter. The roses that survived have started developing new leaves, but they're still really small.
Fortunately, my boyfriend told me that he'll give me many new miniatures:love:

Reaction score
It really wasn't hard I just planted the root ball, it had been cut from the mother plant when the grass was cut, watered it a lot because roses need a lot of water, I also give my plants coffee grinds and tea leaf soup. The plant has been growing now about 6 yrs.
Why the coffee grinds and tea leaf soup? I've never heard of that being used before that I can remember

Ask a Question