What's Your Favorite Blossoming Tree?

Reaction score
Claudine, that sounds like another gift idea from your boyfriend haha. Lucky guy....usually we never know what to buy for special occasions haha. I've even seen little ones on sale at the grocery.
I'm gonna have to find y'all a picture of the white Magnolia we have down here. They don't make a mess like the pink ones.

Reaction score
That's true, when you grow a magnolia tree, you have to spend a lot of time removing withered flowers from the ground. It's worth the effort, though.
Other blossoming trees that I love are chestnut trees. This one has a rather unusual shape, in my opinion it's gorgeous:

ebqtLS9Y12e3aa8mhX.jpg

That's a beautiful tree.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Claudine, that sounds like another gift idea from your boyfriend haha. Lucky guy....usually we never know what to buy for special occasions haha. I've even seen little ones on sale at the grocery.
I'm gonna have to find y'all a picture of the white Magnolia we have down here. They don't make a mess like the pink ones.
It's much easier to buy a gift for a woman than for a man;) My boyfriend always gives me either jewelry or plants:D Finding a perfect present for him is extremely difficult.
I'd love to see the picture of the white Magnolia!

Reaction score
Boyfriends don't need elaborate gifts haha. I know I posted a pic of the white Magnolia yesterday... but maybe I didn't post it in this thread. I'll find it and post it here. And oh....if he's into music, you could give him an online subscription to the music website called Spotify. $10 a month here and he can access it commercial free on his phone through an app. He'll be able to access it from his computer for free.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Tommyotommy - gardenias grow in my climate zone, but I've never seen them in my area. I'm not sure if I've ever smelled them. They looks very pretty though:)
Ongongong - I hope I'll see jacarandas with my own eyes too:) As for cherry trees, I have one in my garden:) It's very small though.
I hope you'll get to see them with all my heart :) Wow, your tree must be beautiful :love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I hope you'll get to see them with all my heart :) Wow, your tree must be beautiful :love:
Thank you!
As for the tree, no, it's not:p I'm not being humble, it really isn't beautiful. It produces very little flowers and very sour, inedible fruits. Also, it's small and it doesn't grow. I think it needs more light.

Reaction score
Southern Magnolia

http://www.hdwallpaperscool.com/wp-...3/beautiful-magnolia-flower-hd-wallpapers.jpg

The trees get very tall and they're quite majestic. Much taller than the pink ones....and they don't drop their petals leaving a mess. They are evergreen here too and that's definitely a plus...and the fragrance is great. I'd say this tree is a 10 !

I wish we had this type at the school I went to. Plenty of those nasty mush flowers swamped up my shoes as I would pass under the trees.

Reaction score
The pink kind are so beautiful, I don't mind the mess for the 3 months they are actually in bloom. They really shouldn't plant the trees so close to a walkway though. Much the same with crepe myrtles.

Ask a Question