What's your favorite plant to grow indoors?

Reaction score
Country
United States
My personal favorite would have to be lavender. I love the way it smells and the way it looks in a painted flowerpot. I especially like to put a pot of it in the restroom to freshen things up. I will admit that I am guilty of over planting in my flower pots so the herb looks like it's spilling out. After that my second favorite thing to plant would be sage. I like the way it looks and I add a ton of it to steamed dishes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
It's always the welcome plant for me, the usual decoration for our living room and terrace. What's good in the welcome plant is its sturdy nature and not delicate with the elements so even if we forget to bring it out in the sun for more than a week, it is still alive and healthy. Here is the pic of my welcome plant in the terrace...
IMG_4142 welcome plant.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Keeping a lavender plant in the bathroom sounds fantastic and I love its scent too! My bathroom has no fan, so this would be a perfect one to have for me. Wonder if I can find it in the store at this time of year.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I personally love growing bamboo. I think it is such as easy plant to care for. It only requires A LOT of water. I have one of those watering glass bulbs in it for weekends I go away. I think it brings such character to a room. It also grows pretty fast which is nice.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love miniature roses:love: They're the most beautiful plants in the whole world. Just looking at them puts me in a good mood. I wish I had more window sills so I could buy more roses:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Herbs are the only thing I've tried inside, and I really enjoy having them on the windowsill in the kitchen! It not only looks cute, but it's super convenient when it comes to cooking and needing to grab a sprig or two when I'm making something!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
It's always the welcome plant for me, the usual decoration for our living room and terrace. What's good in the welcome plant is its sturdy nature and not delicate with the elements so even if we forget to bring it out in the sun for more than a week, it is still alive and healthy. Here is the pic of my welcome plant in the terrace... View attachment 10427

That is a really beautiful looking plant, Corzhens! I haven't seen anything like it here. I wonder if it's suited to more tropical climates, do a lot of people have the Welcome plant in their homes in your country?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
That is a really beautiful looking plant, Corzhens! I haven't seen anything like it here. I wonder if it's suited to more tropical climates, do a lot of people have the Welcome plant in their homes in your country?

I believe the welcome plant can thrive in any climate except in very cold places where there is snow. The Philippines is a tropical country so I guess even hotter climates can suit the welcome plant because I think it is designed to be an indoor plant. I have seen a bedroom with such plant and it looks great - you just bring the plant out for sunning once a week.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Its hard to say what my favorite house plant is, I think I would say its my orchids because they bloom alot in the winter for me, my house plants all go out side for the summer, so winter is the only time I have plants in doors.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Orchids are another one of my favorite flowers. However, I find these to be one of the most difficult plants to grow. Mine died after a few months. They are also pretty expensive to replace. I definitely would have more of these if they kept their flowers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
KimmyMarkks, I think that not all orchids are difficult to grow. Mine definitely isn't. I just water it, it doesn't need anything else:) And it will start blooming soon:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
I like begonias. They bloom in summer and winter. And Pelargonium, and orchids, and ..........

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5a
Country
United States
We don't have any plants inside because I don't have enough windows in the house. I have a few, but they are facing the wrong direction and we just don't get enough sunlight during the day at all. Plus the windows are in strange spots so putting a table near them would look really awkward. Lavender sounds like a lovely plant for inside. I love the smell of lavender.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Not all plants need a lot of sunlight Dashboardc33. Have you thought about growing a peace lily? I keep mine far away from the window and it looks very healthy:)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
My favorite house plant is the Peace Lily, it is easy to care for and a lovely plant.

Ask a Question