What's Your Favorite Blossoming Tree?

Reaction score
Crab apple and cherry trees always get my attention in the spring because of their wonderful flowers. I really don't have a favorite, if it blooms that its my favorite when I am enjoying its beauty.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
My favorite blooming trees are jacarandas:) In my opinion they're breathtakingly beautiful! Unfortunately, I've never seen them in person, because they don't grow in my climate zone. I love looking at pictures of them:

Jacarandas-Walk-Johannesburg.jpg

Reaction score
When I was scrolling down and I saw the photo of the jacarandas, Claudine posted, I thought, "Wow.... I may have to switch favorites." And then I kept scrolling and Trellum's photos of the wisteria trees just took my breath away. I actually got butterflies in my stomach because I could immediately smell them and it reminded me of the time I was in Europe in this beautiful garden and some man was telling me he thought I was beautiful and wanted to get to know me more. Well, it turned out the man was a creep (I was only 14-years-old at the time) but I have never forgotten the smell and feelings of romance and youth that those trees gave me! Wow. Who knew that a picture of a plant could do that? ;)

Reaction score
Wow there are so many. This is my neighbors Japanese Magnolia. it only blooms once a year, in the late winter here, but it's definitely an attention getter. The tree is bare of leaves and sends the blooms out first... basically when the rest of the landscape is void of any thing else to steal its attention. The leaves come out slowly joining the flowers, replacing them completely after about 4 months.
IMAG0094.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Tommyotommy, I love magnolias! In my country, they bloom in early spring. They're beautiful. Many of my neighbors grow them in their gardens. When they bloom, walking down my street is one of my favorite things to do.
Trellum - these pictures are beyond gorgeous!:love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Magnolias in my area have pink flowers. It's a very delicate shade of pink though, it looks almost white. I couldn't agree more, the smell of magnolias is gorgeous, especially during very warm days. I once wanted to buy magnolia perfumes to smell them all year long, but it's just not the same.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I love Cherry blossoms, Wisterias and Jacarandas. I think they are gorgeous! Unfortunately, none of them grow where I live but still looking at them (in pictures) make me happy :) I hope I'll get to see them in person one day.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Tommyotommy - gardenias grow in my climate zone, but I've never seen them in my area. I'm not sure if I've ever smelled them. They looks very pretty though:)
Ongongong - I hope I'll see jacarandas with my own eyes too:) As for cherry trees, I have one in my garden:) It's very small though.

Reaction score
I love magnolias too! There were many of the pinkish-hued (almost lavender) growing on the campus of the university I attended. Beautiful! But, they would fall over the ground and sidewalk and become as slick and slimy as snails or banana peels! I've never known a flower to get slimy once it fell off the branch. Weird but still beautiful!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
That's true, when you grow a magnolia tree, you have to spend a lot of time removing withered flowers from the ground. It's worth the effort, though.
Other blossoming trees that I love are chestnut trees. This one has a rather unusual shape, in my opinion it's gorgeous:

ebqtLS9Y12e3aa8mhX.jpg

Ask a Question