What's looking good in September 2017

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely sunny morning :) No wind either so a good day or two in prospect (y)
Some delicious scents ...the acteas I think are adding to it. (n)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Tropical Hibiscus (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis) and Red Shrimp Plant (Justicia brandegeana) are looking good in September, although the Red Shrimp Plant and Hibiscus look the same year around.:)
P1020888.JPG

P1020890.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Tropical Hibiscus (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis) and Red Shrimp Plant (Justicia brandegeana) are looking good in September, although the Red Shrimp Plant and Hibiscus look the same year around.:)
View attachment 27371

View attachment 27372

I so love the little white hair on the stigma and the details on the pollen of the hibiscus .. I would take several photos just to see if I can see the hair .. Quite mad I am!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Daren What are the names of the first 2 plants in the first 2 photo please? Love the red blades in the 2nd one!

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I bought a fuchsia!! :D It's not doing too well, but it was on clearance for $2.00, so I'm happy. It needs a good pruning and much better soil, so fingers crossed, it'll live through that. :unsure:

0918170916.jpg

Tropical Hibiscus (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis)

Ooh, the Tequila Sunrise Hibiscus!! :love: That one is my favorite!! :love: (y)

I would prefer Molly fish over guppy, guppy need maintenance, they don't eat fast, and are too timid.

Timid? Guppies? :confused: You're saying guppies are timid ?! o_O

Oh, Rajesh!! :LOL: I've never seen such a ruthless bunch! I can't get within 4 feet of the tank without them swimming furiously back and forth, thinking they need fed! They'd eat every two hours, if I'd fall for it. :cautious: :eek:

If they see anything moving outside the tank, they go on display. One cat likes to sit in a chair close by and pat the tank - they beg her for food !! :rolleyes: Not the smartest fish, I'll grant you... :cautious: But timid? :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
@Daren What are the names of the first 2 plants in the first 2 photo please? Love the red blades in the 2nd one!
Hi Alp the First is a Mandiville Sundaville They require a min temp in winter of 50F so need to be brought in to escape the cold But I leave out as long as possible. The second on is Fascicularia bicolour I have a few of these as I like the Colours they bring to autumn and winter. I have taken a few other photos and posted them here in the past in flower Too. They are worth searching out, just as they are a good curiosity plant:)

Attachments

• 041.JPG
    041.JPG
    257.4 KB · Views: 226

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Daren - I have seen the first one quite a few times, the 2nd one I am not sure. The 2nd one is quite pretty as the colours are striking.. But my repertoire is confined to gc reduced stuff!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Larisa Wow, what a bonanza! What did you feed your African Violets with? I have NEVER seen so many flowers in a hanging basket.. Need to see your green FINGERS!

And the coleus .. Have you sprinkled silver on the leaves.. Amazing foliage! Well done, Larisa!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
What did you feed your African Violets with?

Very simple. :) Mineral and organic fertilizers take turns.
It is a view with long branches. It is a Saintpaulia for hanging baskets. Such Saintpaulia always have a lot of flowers.:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Ooops! And I thought it was coleus.. Begonias have such beautiful leaves... Can't believe my eyes. Thank you for the correction, stranger i.e. @Daren !

When you said mineral, what are they exactly? Banana peel water? Please don't laugh. I'm not a serious gardener ..

Ask a Question