DSCI0199.JPG

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
0914171659.jpg

So it's a stud guppy, how cuteView attachment 27185 Thanks for the information i am close to clueless regarding aquarium fish. ....(snip)... Do i remember correctly that the females don't lay eggs, but give birth to the baby fish, and are those fish what you call "fry"?

:ROFLMAO: A stud guppy!! Yes, that's what he is!! (y) :ROFLMAO:

And yes! Guppies are live-bearers, and the babies are called fry. They are self-sufficient from birth, and they'd better be - their own mother will turn cannibal as soon as the birthing process is over. :cautious: :eek:

With egg-layers, the egg hatches into a larvae, and they carry a yolk sac to provide nutrition until they are able to feed themselves. Then, they are fry, also.

"Fry" just means the baby is able to feed itself.

@MaryMary
I like your guppy!
I also had it once. These were the only fish that could survive with me. Once I left for a long time and left the aquarium on the automatic maintenance. But something went wrong ...
scratch_one-s_head.gif

Heck! And I bought more guppy with beautiful tails.
facepalm.gif
Now I understand why they stopped multiplying.

Thank you, Larisa! :)

Automatic maintenance? I have a battery operated feeder that I was going to use if I went on vacation... was it one of those? :unsure:

Guppies breed like crazy...but yeah, you would need some females!! :ROFLMAO:

What is this flower, please?
upload_2017-9-16_0-3-3.jpeg :love: :love:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Aha! We have caryopteris, two plants, and I had forgotten the name. Thanks to you Verdun, I now remember it, and even wrote it down in my garden book.
Did you know it is very easy to propagate from cuttings? That's why we have two:).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
@alp and @MaryMary This is an Ageratum. :)

Automatic maintenance? I have a battery operated feeder that I was going to use if I went on vacation... was it one of those?

Yes, Mary. I did everything according to the instructions and turned on the timer. I was on a trip for 3 weeks. When I returned, I saw that the food in the feeder was damp. It is damp from the evaporation of water, probably. So the feed stopped coming to the fish. I had to test beforehand ...:(

@Verdun Your garden looks very beautiful and airy! :)

@zigs I like a drop of water.(y)

14.jpg

Heron
18.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes,marlingardener, caryopteris is easy from cuttings....from layering too.
Check out Sterling Silver if you like caryopteris.....silvery foliage

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@JBtheExplorer What's your camera again??? Such beautiful flowers and such stunning photos.

@johnny canoe We have frost predicted too. I have to cross my fingers as I have about 7 or 8 begonias.. I just love this type - like a ballerina and also the one with frilly serrated edges.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I would prefer Molly fish over guppy, guppy need maintenance, they don't eat fast, and are too timid.

Molly are similar to guppies(not so colourful ) but bigger.

I have few round red tail guppies, they are Females (less aggressive)

Ask a Question