United Kingdom
August thread here

DSCI0122.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@wiseowl is this what they call a Flanders Poppy or Papaver rhoeas? So pretty. I have poppy seeds ready to plant for the first time. Just waiting for the rainy season to come to an end or near end. Will my poppies look like this?

Reaction score
Country
United States
The best part of September is all your plants are maxed out and beautiful. Predicting frost for September 20 so I have two weeks for the tomatoes to finish. It has been a cold summer for us in the Northwoods of WI. not much of the global warming here. I do understand that because of the warming. Candian air is sucked down to the midwest. I need a greenhouse!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
I really love this and ordered 3 and none came to anything. So distinctive and lovely. Scadofax?

@alp I also love Haemanthus multiflorus. :) I planted in the spring and only now it blooms. I grow it for the first time and now I'm studying how to preserve it.

@MaryMary
I swear I thought of your phalaenopsis this morning! I thought - when will he appear in this thread? :D
What a wonderful phalaenopsis! Such an unusual color! (y)(y)(y)
Soon the yellow leaves outside the window? ;)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I bought scadoxus several times and only once did it flower. Another time, I plunged a knife into a growing bulb and I was gutted. I think they also called it fireball lily. Very pretty. The bulbs that I bought had a concave bottom and nothing ever happened to its bottom, zilch .. and I had no flowers at all.

Ask a Question