Country
United Kingdom
DSCF1507.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
We're starting to see more colour in our mostly "green" garden. It's "low maintenance" at the moment, there's nothing that really needs attention apart from mowing.

Our azalea "hedge" in our tiny front garden is in full bloom, with a couple of rhodos to follow.

P1020673.JPG

P1020674.JPG

More colour coming in these azaleas next to our patio. They are so tightly packed I've no idea how many of them there are. The bamboo canes are to stop the cats from creeping up on the small birds that feed on the patio.

P1020675.JPG

I'm training the euonymus to grow over the stump of the big fir tree on the rockery we had cut down.

P1020676.JPG

The phlox on the rockery is recovering, it took a hammering when the contractor was filling in the koi pool.

P1020677.JPG

Our star azaleas. Pink and peach. Too many bluebells!

P1020678.JPG

Our favourite white rhodo. Fighting for space with big tortoise shell one next to it. Lawn will get cut tomorrow if it stays dry.

P1020679.JPG

Our two "tree azaleas." Nearly in bloom. Good value for money, twenty quid each from T&M a few years ago.
I prune them to shape after they've flowered each year.

P1020680.JPG

Our Stellar cherry has a few cherries on it. New to us last year (e-Bay)

P1020682.JPG

P1020683.JPG

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
:unsure: umm ..... no, it isn't upside down @Logan . It is Berberis darwinii, and the last picture was taken from above the shrub pointing down at the gravel driveway. I just wanted to confuse everyone :joyful:
:joyful: Ah yes looking at it properly I can see that it's Berberis, but the yellow flowers it looked like gorse.:joyful:Sorry

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Are those wild or Alpine strawberries @Becky ? :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Beautiful garden as always Sean.
Can I please ask how you actually put the new bird feeder support on the wysteria? I have a standard wysteria which does not stand alone. I've actually got it tied on 2 sided to star pickets which I have tried to disguise with obolisks. I'd love to put some type of support directly around the trunk but I'm nervous I'll dig into the rootball and kill it.

Sorry, I missed this post. Our bird feeders are attached to to the pergola.

Two on a support post, the other two hang from wires from hooks screwed into the beams.

The small one near the top of the post is a little "house" that holds a jar of "bird peanut butter," we've another on the low wall that contains the bed to the side of the patio. The blackbirds and dunnocks prefer that one.

P1020625.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Are those wild or Alpine strawberries @Becky ? :)

I'm not too sure! Found them growing by the side of the road last year. They seem to be doing quite well, and have spread quite far since then! How can I tell the difference?

Ask a Question