WHAT'S LOOKING GOOD IN MARCH 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Happy St David's Day everyone! The daffodils are out in force :)

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Becky; don't daffodils cheer us up. :)

I scattered lots of assorted plants and shrubs in our rear garden last year then there was a long drought but I'm delighted to see many have survived and are flowering giving so much nice colour where it used to be mostly moss with a bit of grass. It was hard graft at the time turning in the moss/grass but worth it. The plants will now become established to fill in the spaces.

Kind regards, Colin.

Our side garden dug over; wet heavy clay.

Last year all this was mostly moss; the stump is one of two 80' tall conifers I felled and disposed of; it's a very steep garden.

Here's my friend Soots; Soots appears from over the wall at the top of the garden and must live the other side of the lane; she enjoys our company as we enjoy hers; just one of many cats who visit us daily.

The top of the garden having been dug over by hand turning in grass and removing lots of bushes and a long hedge then rotavated five times; I sowed meadow flower seeds yesterday so fingers crossed these will take.

Two rows of Primrose I planted last year thinking they had died but here they are now in bloom looking happy.

The side garden; I've just spent a lot of energy breaking up the clay mixing it with decent soil; it's now ready for meadow flower seeds.

Reaction score
Country
United States
March 2, 2019in NE Ohio the ground is still frozen and not much greenery. Browns & Grays dominate the landscape. Snowdrops are the only flowers near blooming. Daffodils, Tulips and Crocus' are just now popping their noses out of the ground. Pruned some the trees & bushes (Lilacs) with loppers the last couple of days.

"COME ON SPRING"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Not a lot happening at the moment. We're still looking very "green." But there's a hell of a lot of bulbs to come out.

Our orange and pink quince are starting to flower now that the white one has faded.
I may have to replace this fence panel this year.

The mini daffs are all out now

I s'ppose you could call this colour.

I'm pleased with how well these hebes have grown, they were two quite small ones in 4" pots at the beginning of last year.

These cyclamen are spreading nicely, I expect them to eventually completely fill this bed under the kitchen window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question