9a
Country
United Kingdom
May's thread here

DSC05096.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
They are Geum, Mrs Bradshaw @Sheal - very reliable, came through the hot weather well, and seem to get better each year. There's a lone blue Delphinium trying to get its face in the picture as well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks @Tetters. I recognised the flower but the old brain failed me again. I've had Geums in the past so something to re visit as I'm slowly developing a 'fiery' bed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Try Tithonias then, but make sure you have enough space for them. The words ''old'' and ''slowly'' apply to me as well :confused: add ''forgetful'' and ''confused'' and you're getting closer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Try Tithonias then, but make sure you have enough space for them. The words ''old'' and ''slowly'' apply to me as well :confused: add ''forgetful'' and ''confused'' and you're getting closer.

Good call on the Tithonias Tetters. (y) They are supposedly deer resistant and will be happy in my sandy loam soil which is currently suffering drought.

Your words are very familiar. :D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
One of Owcho's babies flowered today :)

DSC05214.JPG

And also Owcho's new friend...

DSC05215.JPG

Soon be Owcho's turn, he's a few weeks late this year due to global warming making it so cold.

DSC05221.JPG

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Do all those cacti that bloom produce fruit? There are small little ones that grow wild in Saskatchewan. I had no idea they grew in Canada until I was in my late twenties and traveled to Sask. The fruit was delicious made into jam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question